shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on lever back earring design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I am working on this earring, and it will be a .5 princess stone with motion, accented by a bezel rb.

My question.

Are the loops connecting the bezel area and the princess area to big? I know the image is enlarged, but does anyone think that the circles that will create the motion, need to be slightly smaller. I am told they are 11 mm at present. Every time I look at it, they seem too obvious, so I would love some other opinions.

Maybe they are jumping out at me because there is no diamond in the setting yet to catch your eye.....

Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 9:46:47 AM
Author:Eva17
I am working on this earring, and it will be a .5 princess stone with motion, accented by a bezel rb.

My question.

Are the loops connecting the bezel area and the princess area to big? I know the image is enlarged, but does anyone think that the circles that will create the motion, need to be slightly smaller. I am told they are 11 mm at present. Every time I look at it, they seem too obvious, so I would love some other opinions.

Maybe they are jumping out at me because there is no diamond in the setting yet to catch your eye.....

Thanks!
I think that''s the case Eva, princess will cover view of those jumps a bit, and you do need some room to allow free motion in such connections otherwise friction will cause one jump ring stack inside another and not always in straight down position which is the worst.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Eva, I just did a remake on some amethyst studs that I had and combined them with some diamond leverbacks. The jump rings on my earrings look to be about the same size as yours. In magnified pictures they do look big but in real life you never really notice them because your eye catches on the stones and not the rings. Here are some pics of my redo.....

cmsamremake3.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cmsamremake4.jpg

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Catmom, I am so glad you attached pix.

I see what you are saying. With the stones set, the rings are not as obvious.

Your earrings came great. I love amethyst!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Admin. The princess is dare i say (only) .5. Do you still think the edge of the stone will cover it a tad?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I have a pretty good idea how they could cover the most but i don't know how much customisation this project allows, it's only for the princess's basket to be changed. If those prongs be not parallel but form a pyramid the bar jump ring is attached to would be behind a diamond for the most part.

If you need me to make a pic please let me know Eva.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I would really appreciate a sample.

As always, thank you so much!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here you go, red lines show diamond's upper girdle, as you see it's above the first jump ring connection to the bar point.
Hope my picture is more explanatory than my "writing"
9.gif

EvasEarrings675.jpg

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I love that! That makes sense.

I have sent a request for the changes. Hopefully, it''s no big deal....

I prefer the angled basket for two reasons. One it helps to cover the jump ring and two, I LOVE how it creates an open side view!

You Rock!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
My pleasure Eva, just make sure that bar is not too far back (which WOULD make more opening of the side view but result in loosing balance).
It''s necessary to keep diamond set from tipping down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results