shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on idealscope, diamond selection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemrookie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''ve recently purchased an idealscope from pricescope and is using it for my diamond purchase. From what I''ve read (please correct me if I''m wrong
1.gif
), a combination of pink/red and black with no white or transparent area seems to be the ideal result. However so far I''ve never seen any black area through the scope after looking at quite a number of diamonds. Even when I was looking at a Hearts & Arrows diamond, the 8 arrows appear white/transparent to me as opposed to black as shown in the sample pics in the idealscope tutorial, with the rest of the area almost all pink. Am I doing something incorrectly or am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks.

By the way, if it is impossible for me to get the crown and pavillion angles, what is the best way for me to choose a diamond? What I intend to do is to get a diamond with a GIA cert with polish/symmetry ex/ex, fluorescent none, depth 60% to 62%, table 53% to 57%, hearts and arrows pattern under the proportion scope, almost all pink under the idealscope. Would a diamond chosen using the above criterias be good enough? Again, please advise. Thanks.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I have found that the color scheme is more like hot pink & grey.

Garry can field your question - but I believe you want to look out for "white" areas of leakage.

gemrookie

Rough_Rock
Thanks
1.gif
. I've also just sent my query to www.ideal-scope.com and hope for a reply soon.

What about the diamond selection part?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results