shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gem_girl

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

Finally got the OK from DH to purchase my anniversary ring. My trusted jeweler has shown me a 2.35 ct, H color, SI2 stone, emerald cut that falls within 3a category in terms of depth (70%) and table (70%). Polish is vg, symmetry is good, and crown height is 9.8%. Girdle is 1A (med to sl thick)It is certified by EGL-Los Angeles. The out the door price for the stone is $9k with a 100% upgrade policy. Even being an SI2, the stone is eye clean and when viewed with a loupe, you see feathers on the sides and a little more on the table (all of which are completely invisible to the naked eye). The dims are 8.68x6.42x4.58. No fluors and the stone faces up very very white.

Is this a good deal? The stone throws a lot of colored light and really has that cool, icy depth that I have falled in love with. I have seen quite a few ECs, and this one, despite the lower grade, seems to be nicest one, especially for the price (the ones I have looked at that were comparable are in the $11-12k range). Please advise! I hope that the experts here (Gary, David,et al) can chime in and give me their opinions.

Im excited and scared at the same time .
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results