shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help On Diamond Stud Earring Selection

moonshine99

Rough_Rock
Hoping to get some insight, suggestions, assistance. I am looking at a pair of stud earrings for my wife and have identified (4) pairs per links below at Blue Nile. Any thoughts on these pairs best to worst? Other suggestions in same size/price range (approx. $7,500).

1- http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-earrings/diamond-details/LD02656052-LD03065564
2- http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-earrings/diamond-details/LD04801003-LD06833172
3- http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-earrings/diamond-details/LD06514721-LD06854289
4- http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-earrings/diamond-details/LD05901427-LD06788221

Thanks for any input!

Q

Queenie60

Bluenile photos are not showing up with your link. It's going to the main page. Are you set on going with Bluenile? Are you open to using other vendors?

moonshine99

Rough_Rock
Thanks for letting me know about links ( I updated).

Not set on Blue Nile, but they seem to have a great selection and I like their overall reputation/upgrade policy/return policy.

Also need in hand by late next week so need quick turnaround. Been looking a while and procrastinating

Q

Queenie60

Ok - from what I understand from the diamond experts on this site (I am not one of them!) - Bluenile does not offer ASET images or photos of their stones so you are buying blind. Not a good idea as you can't rely on numbers alone. I learned this just recently when purchasing my diamond studs. I finally reached out to Yekutiel at ID Jewelry and he helped me to find some beautiful matching hearts and arrows stones for my two .91 and .93 diamond studs. They are stunning little fireballs!

In summary - reach out to Yekutiel at ID Jewelry and see if he can find you a nice pair of stones within you budget, tell him you were recommended by Pricescope. Second - reach out to Whitflash.com or give them a call, their ACA stones are guaranteed to shine and sparkle and they can be matched on their website. Or reach out to Briangavindiamonds.com and they too can match the pairs for you on their website, you want to see their signature stones or the Brian Gavin blues which will save you a little bit of $$. Your least expensive route would be Yekutiel at ID Jewelry, he provides wonderful customer service and will educate you along the way. And with these vendors, you could probably have the set stones in hand by next week as the stones they recommend to you are in stock, not "virtual" diamonds. You must begin your calls today if you intend to have these in hand by the end of next week. You are in good hands with the vendors I have listed here.

Good luck - hope you find just what you're looking for. :wavey:

moonshine99

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info Queenie60.

On the Blue Nile Signature Ideals they do have a GCAL Report as well which I found somewhat helpful. Not sure if this is the same as an ASET image though.

Q

Queenie60

Hi Moonshine. I am not sure what that is, I'm sure someone else on this site can confirm that for you. I would honestly reach out to one of the three vendors I suggested as their customer service is very good. And good communication and customer service will help you to feel good about your purchase. Also, the vendors I recommended have a great trade up policy in the event you wish to upgrade in the future. Good luck to you. :wavey:

Oh, one more thing - don't forget to "show us the bling" after you receive the earrings!

Q

Queenie60

Hi Moonshine. Just tried to access one of your bluenile links again however, it's just going to the main page. Oops - I did notice that your are looking at UK page? So, you're probably in the UK? If so, I think there are some special circumstances about sending stones overseas? Not sure? Maybe someone else can chime in on this one. Seems I have read a few posts regarding this. You see, I don't have a lot of experience! So I just want to be sure that I'm not leading you down a path you should not be taking. However, check with the vendors and I am sure they can advise you on the overseas purchases. Good luck Moonshine.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Nile has a UK site with prices in £ all including taxes, so despite some of the drawbacks they are quite attractive from a UK perspective!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results