shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on diamond purchase please!

hanjan

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about proposing soon and after much research, I was going to go buy at WF or BGD but after finding out what my girlfriend wanted (1.5+ carat, D or E color) the two vendors above were out of my price range.

I did find and purchase (yet to be delivered) a diamond on Jamesallen. A round 1.53 D VS1 for a really good price ($16k) ! It was also a diamond that scored Excellent in all four categories in the HCA tool. The size seems also bigger than other diamonds at that carat as well.

What concerns me is that it did not have any other images (no ASET, Idealscope, H&A) beyond the 3D image. It also has medium blue fluorescence. Now I'm having buyers remorse from purchasing a diamond without seeing those other images as well as medium blue but I cannot tell if it has a negative impact on the diamond from the model.

I'm a brand new and very nervous newbie and getting more worried about the hasty purchase i made. Could you please help me confirm whether I made a good buy or should buy something else while it's still in production? Thank you in advance for your advice!

Below is the link to the diamond:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.53-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-985856

Specs:
SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.53
COLOR: D
CLARITY: VS1
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: Medium
L/W/D (MM): 7.52*7.48*4.49
L/W RATIO: 1.01
DEPTH %: 59.8
GIRDLE: Medium
TABLE %: 59
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN: 33
CROWN %: 13.5
PAVILION: 40.8
PAVILION %: 43

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown is too low.
And it is a 60/60 style. Go up to knowledy tab and look up 60/60.
F color is fine unless for cultural reasons you do not need D/E and FVS2/that is eyeclean is a much better value and will be indistinguishable when set.

hanjan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice. I'm now more knowledgeable on 60/60 diamond which I had not known and after Gypsy's post I immediately went back to the site to look at other diamonds. Luckily with the 30 return policy in hand, I guess I should wait to see the diamond in person before I buy something else.

And yes, I'm a victim. D or E only...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results