shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on CADs

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to ask for some design input (second and third opinions welcome =) )

I'm in the process of setting my 1.72 OEC.

I've just received back the CADs (note: CAD cannot show engravings). While on the whole I think the design is very close to what I envision, I noticed that a milgrained triangular (indented?) space has been added on the shank, at the bottom of the French cuts pave. I didn't specifically request this detail, nor was it on the original template setting. I like the look of it when looking at it straight-on but not sure I like the profile (it looks a bit pointy whereas I am trying to go for a simple, natural flow with the rest of the ring)
It's a 1.9mm shank so I'm sure it will actually be a very tiny part, maybe I'm overthinking things. However, I'm currently a bit on the fence about it for two reasons:

1) I worry that if it's an indented/empty space, gunk and dirt would accumulate more easily in there. I also don't like the look of an indented hollow in the shank..
2) If I ask to get rid of the triangle, what could I put instead? I thought instead it would be a single or double row of milgrain on the top and bottom of the pave area would be OK, but it doesn't sound that interesting or unique, either...I'm waiting for the designer's reply, but any suggestions would be welcome as I'd appreciate the inspiration :)

My CADs:
cad3_2.jpg cad2_3.jpg cad1a.jpg

Original Template setting (without modifications):
originalelisabeth.jpg

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the triangles. But if you don't like them, maybe very small wraps?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I also like the wrap option.

30_1329774006_0.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer a wrap over an indent. Love wraps ever since I saw James Meyer's rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results