shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on a princess cut stone.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
I am looking at a princess cut stone with the following stats (below). I have not seen the stone, I do not have a picture or an ASET image. I know viewing a stone is really what matters, but based on the table/depth, I am wondering if this stone is worth a 2.5 hour drive to my jeweler in the Diamond District in NYC. Thank you in advance!!

Clarity: VS2
Color: H
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Table: 75%
Depth: 71.5%
Carats: 1.58

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Hi, thanks for responding. My dealer isn't a fancy-schmancy kind of dealer in terms of places like Good Old Gold, James Allen, Blue Nile, Whiteflash, etc. I suppose he could take a picture of it and send it to me. I'll call him and request that he do that. I spoke with him yesterday and in getting the table and depth, forgot to ask the mm measurements so I'll try to get those, too.

Either way, I'm going to go and check it out. I'm kind of stuck with my jeweler who has limited stock and only wants to sell what he has vs. going out and finding me a few choices because I will get the full value of what my husband paid for the stone towards my new one. I also have another guy in the DD I was in contact with who would take my diamond in consignment (meaning I'll lose money) who has a few stones to show me vs. my guy who only has the one 1.58 carat mentioned in the original post.

Thinking about it all......we are not wealthy by any stretch and the diamond that I have now is not a great cut either, but it's still very pretty. The one I'm looking at (on paper, in terms of numbers) represents better; again I will have to see it in person to know for sure, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results