shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help on 1/2 carat diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

herky

Rough_Rock
I have been working with a local metal smith who is a professor at the University. I want to get a 1/2 carat diamond ring with a platinum cathedral setting. I have the following specifications. He is getting three diamonds in this week for me to look at that meet these criteria. What would be a good price to pay for such a diamond.

0.5 carat
Ideal Cut (good score on HCA)
Color: F to G
Clarity: VS2 to SI1

Let me know what you think of these specifications and what pricing would seem fair. Thanks a lot. I don''t have a lot of money to spend, but I want to get the best ring possible.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You should pay about 1100-1700 on the internet for a nice ideal SI 1 F-G... Add a few hundreds for a VS 2...
Since you're buying locally, expect to pay about approx 1400-2200, depending on the jeweler and stone...

Giangi

StoneSeeker

Rough_Rock
I am actually also looking for a similiar stone
and this is the price range I've been getting
as well: 1,400 all the way to 2,200 for hearts
and arrows .6 carat SI1 H or maybe G color.

Also, does anyone have any opinion on what
are the most important cut-qualities for top-
quality diamond in this size? The H&A looked
impressive but a little icy, maybe there's ideal
cuts that have more fire instead? Is that a function of table/ pavilion/ crown angle? And
would you just have to go by measurement
ranges or pictures when shopping online or
does anyone recommend a dealer in So. Ca?

Thanks.

StoneSeeker
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results