shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help! Nephew wants a big emerald cut 8k budget.

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
My nephew is ready to pull the trigger on an engagement ring. I am attaching an image of what she wants exactly. He wants the biggest stone he can find with the setting for 8k. He said he won't be mad if I go over or under. Since it is an emerald cut we want high color and excellent cut that is eye clean. I know nothing about how to pick a good emerald. Help please! Anything else I am forgetting? I think she is a size 7 but am confirming. Screensho.jpg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I think it's a bit more difficult to buy an EC online. Not impossible (I'm currently buying one from Jann Paul in Singapore), but there are so many nuances to a fancy cut, especially EC, that I think it's harder to capture on video.

If you're near NYC ID Jewelry would be a good source to find you a great LG diamond. Or there are some other If not, I would say to find a good online jeweler with a CSR you can start a relationship with to be your eyes on the diamond and help you make a final decision.

As you know, the pros on here are great at finding stones and @Karl_K is the best at evaluating EC's. I'm sure they will be along soon to help you.

PS. Have you or your nephew done any reading on EC's to come up with the specs you are looking for? Like the L/W ratio, etc.

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Hi. I think it's a bit more difficult to buy an EC online. Not impossible (I'm currently buying one from Jann Paul in Singapore), but there are so many nuances to a fancy cut, especially EC, that I think it's harder to capture on video.

If you're near NYC ID Jewelry would be a good source to find you a great LG diamond. Or there are some other If not, I would say to find a good online jeweler with a CSR you can start a relationship with to be your eyes on the diamond and help you make a final decision.

As you know, the pros on here are great at finding stones and @Karl_K is the best at evaluating EC's. I'm sure they will be along soon to help you.

PS. Have you or your nephew done any reading on EC's to come up with the specs you are looking for? Like the L/W ratio, etc.

Thank you for the feedback. She wants something that looks like the picture attached. I will try and calculate the ratio. We aren't near NYC. I am not sure who to reach out to for help.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looking around briefly, $8,000 buys around 1 / 1.5 carat center in a halo (higher color and clarity means smaller diamond) or around 3 carat in a halo if choosing a Lab Grown diamond.
So if size matters, lab grown gives more diamond for $$$

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Just looking around briefly, $8,000 buys around 1 / 1.5 carat center in a halo (higher color and clarity means smaller diamond) or around 3 carat in a halo if choosing a Lab Grown diamond.
So if size matters, lab grown gives more diamond for $$$

Thank you, I thought I posted in the lab grown forum. He wants a lab for sure so he can get a larger stone.

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock

Congratulations on making the decision to get a diamond from Jann Paul. His signature oval’s are to die for!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
parksantiquelab has a beautiful 5+ Ct. EC ON THEIR Instagram PAGE FOR $7900. Check it out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results