shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP - Medium Fluorscence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hero_vc

Rough_Rock
I need helpppp

I''m thinking of buying this Radiant diamond for engagement but the diamond appears to have Med Fluorscence
Should I buy it? Attractive price too ($2800 and GIA CERT)

1.01 Carat
E Color
VS2
Depth 70%
Table 68%
Girdle STK
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Fluor Medium Blue

thanks

VC

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Medium blue fluorescence is usually not a problem even in a high color like E. In fact it can be a price advantage as it usually sells at a discount in high colors with no visual adverse effect.
Wayne
Melbourne Diamond Exchange (Australia)

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I like medium blue fluorescence. When ultraviolet light (invisible to naked eye) hits the stone, the stone will give off fluorescence which is, in a sense, another form of light return. What's not to like about more light return? It's cool!
16.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I can not comment on the cut. But, as stated the med. blue will discount the stone a tad & add something I find to be very cool.

As a caveat, make sure you look at the stone in several different lights to make sure there is no milky hue to the stone, especially in direct sunlight.

Good luck. BTW, I wouldn't buy a stone *without* blue fluor.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes there are definetely more important things to consider beyond medium fluorescence. Ie. the optics of your stone (if you're concerned with how fiery or brilliant it is). A good appraiser like Rich Sherwood, Dave Atlas or RockDoc should be your next step in the purchasing process.

Regards,

Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ew... I look pixelated.
14.gif
Time for an upgraded photo.

Rhino

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Rhino you kind of look like those faces they blur out on the cops show
1.gif
My snowflake grew :0

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are some neat pages on fluorescence Ice. Good job bro.

Rhino

hero_vc

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your advice!
Now I feel more comfortable with the fluorescence and am ready to make the decision.

(^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results