shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP looking for an upgrade stone! 7ct?

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I am looking for a 7ct or so diamond and would appreciate any suggestions. Have recently posted about a 9ct or so old cut but the consensus was that it wasn’t good value for money
I am happy to consider new cuts, probably prefer oval, and am happy to consider warmer stones as my other main ring is a fancy yellow
I have found an oval locally that seems good but am interested if there are any other suggestions
Appreciate any input xx

Reactions: AV_

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you happy to post your budget?

We all like to have a range to aim for when helping spend other people's money ;-) lol :lol:

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
150AUD?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing that's 150k AUD ;-) lol :lol:

That's just under 105k USD right now.

Check out DBL - they usually have older/warmer/more unusual cuts that might be of interest:

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/758ct-n-vs2-round-diamond-r8466
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/752ct-yellow-vs1-cushion-diamond-r8702

It could be worth speaking to Yoram at www.Gemconcepts.net - he has some bigger stuff come through his office occasionally, so might be able to find you something.

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
There’s a nice 8ct OEC on jewels by grace Instagram. I’m waiting on a price for that if anyone has an opinion on that stone
Sorry don’t know how to paste link on my phone

Reactions: AV_

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much!!
Any comments about the cut of this stone?

It looks like a very nice OEC but for this much money I’d either fly to LA to see it or wire the funds and inspect in your environment.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Any comments about the cut of this stone?

The distinct arrows pattern reminds the new OEC (August Vintage) & the best of the old too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say that I hugely prefer fancy cuts in the 6 ct and above range over a round. I have tried on a 5.5 ct round and it basically covered the width of my finger. I thought it looked ridiculous on me, but someone with a larger finger could pull it off. I adore that antique asscher from Grace and the cushion from OWD. I think those are the cuts that are most beautiful in large sizes. The OEC is very pretty but the facets remind me more of a tranny than a flowery pattern like my AVR. You might be able to pull it off if your finger size is on the large side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results