shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help locating a Cushion or Square Radiant 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rbfloat81

Rough_Rock
Hello All,
I''m looking for a Cushion or Square Radiant 1.5 carat. See the setting that I am going to use is below:

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=926&action=show_detail

I am having the setting enlarged to accept the 1.5 carat stone that I find.

I want the stone to face up large, be a G, H, or I, VSII or SI1,. Finally, I want to stay in a budget of around $7000 for the stone.

Do you think I am going to have a tough time meeting my budget and specification goals?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am getting pretty confused by all the choices.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d suggest contacting Mark T and www.engagementringsdirect.com or Jon at GoodoldGold. If you do a search on either of them both are very successful finding wonderful cushions.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know anything about cushions, but I think it will be hard to find a 1.5 carat radiant that is well-cut for $7,000. Here''s one that could be good by the numbers, but it would have to be seen to know for sure. It is almost $1,000 over your budget though. (I personally would probably not buy an I colored radiant, and I don''t know if I would buy an H either.)

http://www.abazias.com/database/NewDiamondInfo.asp?stock=32823145&flag=ps

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree with coda...i''m getting a 1.51 g si1 and it is well over $7000. and can i just caution you on that 1.6 ct radiant that coda linked to? it is atrocious...i had it called in for me and it looked terrible! which leads me to my next bit of advice: make sure you see pictures of any fancy shape stone before you buy it. they vary so much that you have to see photos first!

i would recommend choosing a vendor you like and having them look for you within your parameters. that''s what i did with whiteflash after the 1.6 ct radiant that i found was so ugly and they found me a great radiant within my budget!

rbfloat81

Rough_Rock
I can see by the information supplied why you would have wanted to consider this stone, what exactly was wrong with it when you saw it? Did you have it sent to you or did the seller send you photos....

More information please...I''m so new at this!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the usual process, I think (I''m relatively new at this too!): The vendor calls in the stone for you and takes photos, idealscope pictures, which is a type of diamond viewing tool that shows how much light return a diamond has, and runs a sarin report, which is a computer generated report that checks the measurements of your stone.

Then, if you like it you can either buy it straight up or get it sent to an independent appraiser near you who will check it out for you and let you go see it as well. Or you could just buy it, get it sent to you, check it out, and if you don''t like it, return it. Be sure to check the vendor''s return policy, though, to make sure you can do this!

Whiteflash sent me 2 photos of this particular 1.6 ct radiant cut diamond, one at 40x magnification and one that was less blown up and showed the diamond placed in a temporary setting. They also sent me an Idealscope image.

I didn''t like this particular diamond because the cut corners were huge-the diamond looked almost like an octagon instead of a square with cut corners. Plus, I was looking for a radiant with a "crushed ice" appearance-meaning it has lots of small facets that aren''t super defined. The 1.6 didn''t have that look, either-it had more obvious facets. It just wasn''t what I was looking for-I hated it! It could be something you like, but I wasn''t impressed with it. (And neither was my sales representative!)

To see good photos of the crushed ice look you should check out www.radiantcut.com. This is a branded radiant that I love from the man who invented the radiant cut (if I''m remembering correctly), but it is possible to find non branded radiants with a similar appearance.

If you search for radiants here on pricescope you can find all sorts of threads about them. I love radiants, but cushion cuts are gorgeous as well. I think you have to decide which look you prefer because they are very different from each other. Good luck and let me know if I can answer any more questions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results