shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help in selecting diamond for a pair of studs. Thank you in advance!

ckrice

Rough_Rock
Hello every diamond experts out here!

I am planning to purchase a pair of earring studs. I have selected 1 diamond that I really like (1.34 ct D VS1) and I found two possible diamonds (1.31ct D VVS2 or 1.38ct D VS1) to match it. I have a hard time deciding on which second stone I should pick. They are all GCAL 8x, D color. I am aware that 1.31 ct is a better match in dimension and 1.38ct is a better match in clarity but I am unable to decide which one has slight superior cut, fire, and symmetry. In terms of price, the 1.31 ct one is about $110 more than 1.38 ct. I was wondering which one would you suggest to match with the 1.34 ct. Thank you again for your help!

1.34 ct - HCA score 0.9

1.31 ct - HCA score 0.9 with light return. fire. scintillation - all excellent, spread - very good

1.38 ct - HCA score 0.5 with light return. fire. scintillation - all excellent, spread - very good

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ckrice

Rough_Rock
@Kim N I considered this one as well but I wasn't sure how to interpret the inclusions - Needles/ Crystals Bezel, Throughout Crown / Bezel - They seem to be noticeable (small little dots) on the heart and arrow diagram and 360 video. Should I be concerned about the inclusions? I am open to it if those inclusions are not noticeable in real life and if it has better fire, cut and symmetry compared to the other two.

Thank you again!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N I considered this one as well but I wasn't sure how to interpret the inclusions - Needles/ Crystals Bezel, Throughout Crown / Bezel - They seem to be noticeable (small little dots) on the heart and arrow diagram and 360 video. Should I be concerned about the inclusions? I am open to it if those inclusions are not noticeable in real life and if it has better fire, cut and symmetry compared to the other two.

Thank you again!

The video and images are at very high magnification. I really don't think they'll be visible to the naked eye. Earrings also are subject to less scrutiny than a ring would, so unless it's truly not mind-clean to you, I wouldn't be concerned about the inclusions.

ckrice

Rough_Rock
The video and images are at very high magnification. I really don't think they'll be visible to the naked eye. Earrings also are subject to less scrutiny than a ring would, so unless it's truly not mind-clean to you, I wouldn't be concerned about the inclusions.

Thank you so much for your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results