clarity

Need help in making a good decision 1.5K-2K£

madalin999

Rough_Rock
WF ACA 0.611 J SI1 @ $1,637 wire

WF 14k YG Setting w/ WG 6-prong @ $339 wire

Ritani 14k WG Setting w/ 6-prong @ $237 wire

Total USD = $1,637 + $339 = $1,976

You could save $100 USD if you went with the Ritani WG option.

What you think of the Sl1 clarity, also the ASET images, what's your opinion on those

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you think of the Sl1 clarity, also the ASET images, what's your opinion on those

The stone has a tight & dreamy set of proportions, and I particularly love those fat arrows. This stone will be a complete sparkle bomb!

56 table, 61.8 depth, 34.7 crown, 40.7 pavilion, 76 LGF & 53 stars

As such, the ASET is just as expected -- 100% spot on. All colors are as should be. There is no leakage. There is no painting/digging of the girdle. The stone is a rock solid performer.

Although you didn't ask, the hearts image is also amazing and shows true H&A symmetry.

I have ZERO clarity concerns. The clarity plot of the cert looks very good. Also, the video is clean and shows nothing of any concern, even in the very magnified/zoomed view. Lastly, the WF website indicates the stone is eye clean.

In short -- this is a super ideal stone, and it has all the images, video and lab report to prove it's a certified bad ass. I have no hesitations buying, assuming it fits your budget and color expectations.

mission1

Shiny_Rock
It looks pretty clean in the magnified image - some light coloured inclusions in the table which shouldn’t be visible, and some black inclusions which are very small. SI1 is a sensible target given limited budget, and 0.6ct won’t look too small. Lovely looking diamond.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
@mission1 @sledge when I went onto the website totaling 1932, I selected wire transfer, but they just sent me an email with the wire transfer to pay from my bank, they did not specify any taxes. When do I get to see those?

Also, that diamond is badass, I might click and buy haha

Yellow setting or White, which would give it more an advantage?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gold colour is personal preference. I see yellow gold more regularly in London than when I go to the States. So for the UK either, just whatever your partner likes better.

Taxes are paid to HMRC by you once your item has been shipped and arrives at the boarder. The taxes will be due before your ring is released to continue it's journey to your front door. The amounts @sledge gave are a calculation based on published exchange rates and taxes at the moment.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
@Rhea Hello there, and welcome :)
I am ready to click buy now of the diamond told by @sledge What do you think?
I am making this decision as I have given thought last year, the entire year how much my girlfriend makes me the happiest man ever, even though we shared some tough time together, she has stayed by my side the entire time, which makes me believe she is the one I want to marry and eventually start a family.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been upfront from the start that I'm not the person to assist in choosing a diamond.

I'm interested in this thread because I'm also based in the UK as we discussed before. I think this US heavy community, which primarily pushes US based vendors, needs some non-State side input sometimes so I try to weigh in on other things, like styles and sizes in my area, shipping, customs, duties, when the consumer isn't US based.

Sledge is very good at picking diamonds.

mission1

Shiny_Rock
Blue Nile is a simple option for UK buyers as they list their prices including UK taxes. Downside is less information/images on which to base a decision compared to JA, WF etc.

Not sure if thread author is in Romania or UK.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
Blue Nile is a simple option for UK buyers as they list their prices including UK taxes. Downside is less information/images on which to base a decision compared to JA, WF etc.

Not sure if thread author is in Romania or UK.

UK, London based

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @madalin999 I had been awake for nearly 22 hours when I last posted and grabbed a few hours sleep.

Yes, the taxes were calculations only.

As for the setting I'm the wrong guy to ask, lol. Neither my wife or I like yellow gold. My first choice is platinum for durability and color but that isn't budget friendly. For my tastes, white gold would meet color preference and be more budget friendly.

But as notes, yellow or white gold is a personal choice. Go with what SHE prefers.

On a side note, the Ritani setting is a little thinner which may help play a visual trick on the eyes and make the stone look bigger.

Hope this helps. So happy for you! Congrats!!

And thank you @Rhea for the kind words and UK specific clarifications.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
Sorry @madalin999 I had been awake for nearly 22 hours when I last posted and grabbed a few hours sleep.

Yes, the taxes were calculations only.

As for the setting I'm the wrong guy to ask, lol. Neither my wife or I like yellow gold. My first choice is platinum for durability and color but that isn't budget friendly. For my tastes, white gold would meet color preference and be more budget friendly.

But as notes, yellow or white gold is a personal choice. Go with what SHE prefers.

On a side note, the Ritani setting is a little thinner which may help play a visual trick on the eyes and make the stone look bigger.

Hope this helps. So happy for you! Congrats!!

And thank you @Rhea for the kind words and UK specific clarifications.

I went with this https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ffany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-583.htm
as the Ritani did not have yellow, and yes, she prefers yellow over white on an engagement ring, every time we would do window shopping she would opt for a yellow setting.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
Well, it is been some days since I've last updated. She said yes! But, I had to resend the ring back to whiteflash and it was half a size bigger, but tomorrow it's coming back. What I wanted to ask the people on the forum, is, where do you insure it over here in the UK? The reason is that my missus works in the hotel industry and who knows, even though the quality is very good, sometimes mistakes can happen, she can lose it or get stolen! I want to know that in the near future I am insured in cases like these.
Thank you

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @madalin999 lovely ring, also many congratulations! I’d look at your own home insurance first, some policies will allow you to add on a single item at a specified level of value. My own ring is insured this way.

Also, if you need the ring resized in the future, I wouldn’t keep sending it back to Whiteflash, any good local jeweller can do that for you and it’s much less hassle.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
Hi @madalin999 lovely ring, also many congratulations! I’d look at your own home insurance first, some policies will allow you to add on a single item at a specified level of value. My own ring is insured this way.

Also, if you need the ring resized in the future, I wouldn’t keep sending it back to Whiteflash, any good local jeweler can do that for you and it’s much less hassle.

I don't personally own a house, I just rent near central London, would you think my bank, which Is Barclays would accept this as insurance? we pay for our phones to them as well, maybe its worth asking them. As for the resize, I always have this image in my head that the local jeweler would change the stone, maybe I'm just paranoid.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you not have home contents insurance, for your possessions in the property? If you do, it might cover the ring. Your diamond has its details inscribed on the girdle, it would be very difficult to change it out with no one noticing. If you choose someone reputable it’s very unlikely.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The term "home insurance" is often kicked around but a renter's policy is just as effective. Both a home and renter's policy will include a small dollar amount of jewelry by default. Also guns and furs if you have any.

The problem being the default amounts are fairly limited. Most US policies are around $5,000 USD max. However, if the value of your items exceed the default coverage, you can ask your agent to write you a "rider" that extends your coverage to a much higher limit than what is included by default. Of course the rider costs extra money as you might have expected.

Also some people prefer to have specialty items insured elsewhere so any losses don't affect your home/renter's policy, which is normally also tied into your auto many times as you can stack to get multi line discounts.

Many US customers utilize Jewelers Mutual for their fair pricing, superb customer service and thorough understanding of the jewelry industry. However, I do not believe they offer international policies outside of Canada.

I'm with USAA for home & auto which primarily serves active or retired military and they extend coverage for active duty when stationed abroad.

Some US customers have also used Chubb. I am unclear of their international reach. I do know that not everyone can get Chubb.

Whomever you decide upon, remember to not over insure. Insurance rates are based on the amount you insure, but in the event of a loss the policy will pay the maximum of either the policy limit or the true cost to replace of like kind. The caveat being unless you secured a guaranteed cash payout which is rare.

I mention this because many appraisals can be drastically inflated. Using receipts of actual cost + 15% for inflation may be more reasonable. Just re-evaluate every couple of years and adjust accordingly so you always have sufficient and proper coverage.

Also, be sure the policy is very specific about the exact item insured. You bought a super ideal WF ACA that is a true H&A stone. This needs to be detailed out as replacing with a GIA XXX of same size, color and clarity would not be a true equal. For instance I have JM for our jewelry insurance and bought my wife a BGD super ideal stone. I included detail of such and even included the lab report which has the stone branding like an ACA would also have along with ASET, IS and H&A images as proof to the quality in addition to receipts, etc.

Last, not not least......CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement!!!! Was your socks blown off with the diamond quality? We need pics!!

Blingismything

Rough_Rock
Madalin, that is a lovely ring, can’t wait to see pictures. How did the taxes work out. Was it a % of the total price? I am interested in ordering from Whiteflash and am in the UK too.

I recently ordered some silver jewellery from the USA and had to pay 22% extra to collect from the Post Office.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
Madalin, that is a lovely ring, can’t wait to see pictures. How did the taxes work out. Was it a % of the total price? I am interested in ordering from Whiteflash and am in the UK too.

I recently ordered some silver jewellery from the USA and had to pay 22% extra to collect from the Post Office.

Pictures are above, @sledge and @Blingismything the taxes worked out 25% of the total amount you pay towards the HMRC, the FedEx will contact you once the package arrives at Stanstead or your closest FedEx international carrier. Also, these are the pictures the WhiteFlash have sent me, I will post tomorrow some more pictures of it on my gf's finger and individual!

PS, @Blingismything the quality of the ACA is unreal, you will love one! wait for my other pictures tomorrow!

Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-Yellow-Gold-by-Whiteflash_57530_54475_g.jpg Classic-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-14k-Yellow-Gold-by-Whiteflash_57530_54475_a.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results