shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help in identifying center stone in antique brooch!

Pumpkinsparkles

Rough_Rock
87E362E7-3442-4674-8EF4-F21147189485.jpeg
Hi, I’m new to PS and I was needing help identifying the center stone in my antique rose cut diamond brooch! Definitely needs some TLC, and a synthetic ruby replaced but the enamel is outstanding and all rose cuts in place! Had a jeweler look at it and confirmed diamonds and gold contect. Said it was worth in more than $300 dollars in scrap metal alone! But he didn’t recognize the center stone and couldn’t identify it. This is what it looks like.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I don’t know the stone but historically, Persian turquoise would be accurate. Boulder opal is another reasonable guess. In any case, what a stunning piece! Congratulations!

Pumpkinsparkles

Rough_Rock
6A083288-92FF-4561-AA61-2C9DF54D61E9.jpeg Thank you so much! It’s definitely one of my favorite pieces. I’m not sure it would be considered opal it’s more of a dull teal opaque color. But I didn’t think about the Persian turquoise it would seem very valid as the naturals in the stone would deem valid to turquoise.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for turquoise.
This pin is truly gorgeous! I love it!

Pumpkinsparkles

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! It’s definitely one of my favorites but definitely needs some TLC! (Jeweler trauma) I don’t trust anyone enough, and don’t think anyone around here knows how to restore or work on antique pieces. :doh:
Thank you so much for your input! Looking at types of turquoise it does look like you guys hit the nail! Thank you so much!

Pumpkinsparkles

Rough_Rock
Maybe however I don’t see any pattern.. maybe. The color seems about the same as malachite but I don’t see any pattern.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results