shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help in deciding between these two stones from GIA and AGS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunshines

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, deciding between the two :

1. AGS zero old cert EVS1 1.82ct
Table 56/Depth 62.1
Crown 35 deg Pvilion 40.8 deg
Crwon % 15.3 Pavilion 43.1%
Girdle 1.9 to 2.6%
Polish and Symm both Ideal
HCA 1.6

2. GIA new cert EVS2 1.77ct
Table 58/depth 60.6
crown 34.5/Pav 40.8
Thin to medium
triple excellent for cut, polish and symmetry.
HCA 1.2

Baring price difference, which one is a better performer??

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
no way to tell which is a better performer without comparing them side by side. optical symmetry and minor facet configuration play a big part in performance and that info would need to be assessed as well. both should be very nice though. best of luck in your decision!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you list the stone measurements? I''d want to see the diameter. One is a little deeper than the other, but if I were getting and E, I''d also probably like the VS1 clarity. If they are both at the same place, you need someone to compare them for you as Belle suggested. But both sound wonderful! Someone is going to be very happy!

Sunshines

Rough_Rock
Thanks Belle, do you know what does the girdle no in AGS cert translate into under GIA? Do you think the AGS stone will still be AGS 0 under the new AGS grading system?

Sunshines

Rough_Rock
Sorry missed out my reply to diamondseeker. The diameter for AGS is 7.76 to 7.82 while the GIA is 7.8 to 7.85.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, same size. How far apart are the prices?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 11:25:04 AM
Author: Sunshines
Thanks Belle, do you know what does the girdle no in AGS cert translate into under GIA? Do you think the AGS stone will still be AGS 0 under the new AGS grading system?
the ags girdle is thin and it would be a candidate for the new ags0.
3.gif

have you seen them in person, or will you prior to purchase?

Sunshines

Rough_Rock
The Evs1 AGS is probably 7% more in price.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do the inclusions look like on the VS2? How picky are you about inclusions?

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Have you had a chance to look at the certificates? Are you working with a vendor who can compare the stones side by side and tell you specifically about each''s inclusions and visual appeal? Can they take some photos for you?

Sunshines

Rough_Rock
The two stones are from two different stores and hence side by side comparison is not possible. The VS2 has a couple of needles in the edge of table and a feather that I can see through even through the H& A scope. Vendor says this is common for VS2 grades. I have seen the GIA stone personally,and have both certs info on hand. Tough decision !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results