shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help!! I'm A Newbie!!

PIANKAM1

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Brand new member here!

I have a ring that was passed down to me that I want to reset before proposing to my girlfriend. It is a 3/4ct. 6 prong engagement ring, with 1/4ct accents in the band.

The problem: my girlfriend has always told her mother that the only style she likes are cushion cut rings or those with the cushion halo.

My question to you all: can I take these stones and craft them to fit the "cushion" styling? I have attached pictures of the ring! I understand that I would need to buy additional stones & a new setting. I just want to know if it is possible (and not over the top outrageous in price).

THANKS SO MUCH!
img_0639_0.jpg
img_0638_0.jpg
img_0637.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have to use that ring?
If you were not to, would it hurt your families feelings?
If you reset it, what's your budget for the setting?

PIANKAM1

Rough_Rock
Niel|1442273821|3927787 said:
Do you have to use that ring?
If you were not to, would it hurt your families feelings?
If you reset it, what's your budget for the setting?

Thanks for your reply!! My family might be a little upset. I was hoping to use the stones to save a little money as well. I don't really have a budget in mind since I really don't know how much it would cost to do something like this. I would say a few thousand or so? Probably no more than 5k. Not sure what else to do with the ring if I don't salvage the stones :doh:

PIANKAM1

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1442352277|3928137 said:
Here's another example of a cushion shaped halo with a round brilliant center stone. I like the rounded edges of this cushion halo better than the squared edges of gemvara setting.

Victor's is a beautiful example, but it will depend on your budget. If it's out of budget, we can help find one that is similar.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-emilya-round-center-in-cushion-halo

My, oh my!!! That is exactly what I would like to do with the stones! I would say I can throw in probably no more than 5k to the mix, would that be enough to create something like this? Or... am I way, way off?

Thanks for your help!! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go to www.victorcanera.com and contact Victor himself. He is generally very quick to respond and he can give you a quote on making that setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results