shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help identifying a vintage ring marking

bosh

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, so I have an old ring that was supposedly my great grandmothers, according to my grandmother, and I have been trying to find out what the only marking on it means. I've searched everywhere but can't find anything about it, I don't know if it is real or fake, I just want to figure out what it is since it has been bugging me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! I don't know if that's the right way around or if it is supposed to be flipped over, but I'm assuming that's the correct orientation.

20211002_104446.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe "Italy", but a partial mark.
When stamping the curve inside a ring, this can happen.
Can you show the whole ring?

Last edited:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just spitballing here-but a country of origin or ethnicity would help. Is that ITA or IVA?

bosh

Rough_Rock
Maybe "Italy", but a partial mark.
When stamping the curve inside a ring, this can happen.
Can you show the whole ring?

I was thinking Italy also but I wasn't sure. I'm thinking it might just be costume jewelry, I don't know.

Just spitballing here-but a country of origin or ethnicity would help. Is that ITA or IVA?

It was most likely bought in the USA, but they were Hungarian on that side of the family, and it definitely looks like a ITA to me. Although as someone else said up above, it could just be a partially rubbed off 14K mark. Untitled2.png

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like 14K to me, partially worn off.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for a partial worn 14K with the top bit worn or not stamped all the way because of the shape of the band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results