shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help identifying a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ms_claudia

Rough_Rock
I received a ring 4 years ago for graduation and it had the most gorgeous gigantic golden peachy champagne stone and I want to know what kind of stone it is, the ring setting wasn''t gold so it probably isn''t precious but I''d still like to know what it is and search for a precious stone in the same color and shape. What is the best method for me to go about identifying the stone? Is there any gemologists out there than can help? Or any gemologists that you PSers know of that could help me? It''d be greatly appreciated
21.gif

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
I purchased a ring in Italy that sounds very similar. It was in silver, but was a genuine stone. I can''t remember for the life of me what they told me it was though. It was from a designer jewelery store. I don''t know if it would help you if I posted a picture or not. I want to say it was some kind of topaz, but I really don''t know. I forgot all about that ring until now. Must go find it....

ma re

Ideal_Rock
ms_claudia, even if you posted the picture (which you have not), no one could precisely identify the stone for you over the internet. The only way to know for sure is to have it checked by a gemologist in person. Of course, we could guess and play quiz based on your description but, due to all the treated and synthetic stones out there, we couldn''t do much more than that here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results