shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help From Those With Great Colour Perception..2 ACA's

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I see a bit of pink/brown in the 2.72 and 2.94, more so in the 2.72. In the others, I don't see that. @lovedogs

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bryan, thank you for expounding on the colour. I realize it's about personal perception. The 2.72 isn't going to be my final stone but it will be a pretty stone for someone who is looking for that flavour.

HappyNewLife, ya, unfortunately, I see it with my own eyes. I saw it when I opened the box it was a bit brown. It was in natural daylight & was an overcast morning. While I was at the mall I went into a few shops that had great lighting & I saw the same results.

It could be how it's set but I don't think so. Is it the halo? I don't think so either. My last 2.23 J SI-1 was in a halo of F/G melee & there was no difference to how the stone performed. If that stone was a 2.72, I wouldn't have ever traded it in. I was pleased with it.

The stone does have a very soft brown hue with a faint pink colour as ceg has observed. There IS a definite colour to the stone. It's not an ugly colour by any means & I think for someone who likes brown tinge, or wants to set her stone in rose gold, this is a gorgeous stone. It sparkles like crazy. I was completely unprepared to see the brown because I was told that it would visually not be noticed. Then 2nd guessing myself & guilt over spending so much money on a stone colour I didn't ever intend to have was adding to my misery. I will change that because, well, there is my upgrade policy. It might take longer to get there if the 2.88 isn't the right fit.

lovedogs, my rep said that under assessment the 2.72 J SI-1 & the 2.94 J SI-1 have the same body colour. Someone must like it, it sold. LOL

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bryan, thank you for expounding on the colour. I realize it's about personal perception. The 2.72 isn't going to be my final stone but it will be a pretty stone for someone who is looking for that flavour.

HappyNewLife, ya, unfortunately, I see it with my own eyes. I saw it when I opened the box it was a bit brown. It was in natural daylight & was an overcast morning. While I was at the mall I went into a few shops that had great lighting & I saw the same results.

It could be how it's set but I don't think so. Is it the halo? I don't think so either. My last 2.23 J SI-1 was in a halo of F/G melee & there was no difference to how the stone performed. If that stone was a 2.72, I wouldn't have ever traded it in. I was pleased with it.

The stone does have a very soft brown hue with a faint pink colour as ceg has observed. There IS a definite colour to the stone. It's not an ugly colour by any means & I think for someone who likes brown tinge, or wants to set her stone in rose gold, this is a gorgeous stone. It sparkles like crazy. I was completely unprepared to see the brown because I was told that it would visually not be noticed. Then 2nd guessing myself & guilt over spending so much money on a stone colour I didn't ever intend to have was adding to my misery. I will change that because, well, there is my upgrade policy. It might take longer to get there if the 2.88 isn't the right fit.

lovedogs, my rep said that under assessment the 2.72 J SI-1 & the 2.94 J SI-1 have the same body colour. Someone must like it, it sold. LOL
people like me! If I had that kind of money I'd love a stone like that with a brown tint!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah ok. Bummer! But, I'm confident they will find you the PERFECT ACA!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a bummer they don't custom cut J's cause that would be a serious consideration. It sure beats waiting till something comes up. :(2

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a bummer they don't custom cut J's cause that would be a serious consideration. It sure beats waiting till something comes up. :(2

Did they tell you that they can keep their eyes out for something they think you might like? I don't know if they do that or not but at least it would expand hope for your next stone!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can see how brown may look whiter to someone but prefer yellow tint

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, I've asked quite a few times if they have anything at AGS or anything they know might be coming available & I always get told no but when there is it will show up on their inventory. I'll keep filling out the Request A Diamond forms & date when I need them a year from now. LOL

gm89uk, I'm like you. All my previous J's were yellow tint & my next stone will be as were my other 6 stones, yellow tint.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well... I decided to upgrade & get the 2.88. I hate to fall into that "I can always upgrade" state of mind but if I don't like it, I can always upgrade. I need a padded room because I'm at a point where I voluntarily WANT to stop upgrading. o_O I'm absolutely sure I'm overthinking it. The 76 LGF might have too much obstruction but if it does, I hope it's the right colour. LOL I have to keep laughing.
I want to give a special shout out to the lovely ceg for generously offering to help me with my decision & be my surrogate eyes. She was at WF & eyeballed the 2 stones in question for me & said she didn't see any significant differences between the 2.88 J & the 2.78 I. The the J was gorgeous & the colour & hue in line with other J's she's physically observed at WF. With her observation, assessment & photo's, I will move ahead with this. Hopefully, the 76 won't be an issue, again, overthinking & splitting hairs here.
As soon as my present stone gets cleared, the ring & new stone go back to DK for setting. I am :pray: it all works out. I will update the thread when I get the new stone with my observations. thank you again for all your opinions & helping me sort this out.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you that this is the one!! Sounds promising and I hope it all works out for you. Your ring is beautiful so if you get the diamond right you'll be good to go!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... I decided to upgrade & get the 2.88. I hate to fall into that "I can always upgrade" state of mind but if I don't like it, I can always upgrade. I need a padded room because I'm at a point where I voluntarily WANT to stop upgrading. o_O I'm absolutely sure I'm overthinking it. The 76 LGF might have too much obstruction but if it does, I hope it's the right colour. LOL I have to keep laughing.
No worry. My stone is 76 LGF and I love it! :love: IMO 76-77 LGF is perfect.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
** fingers crossed ***

DF, we have very similar diamond tastes. :cool2:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse, you mentioned a few times having dry hands where nothing works, so I can't help myself but throw out a recommendation. I live where it's super dry and in the winter. My hands become miserable and my cuticles... well, let's just say they want to run for the hills.

Jason Vitamin E Moisturizing Creme Age Renewal lotion, in a jar, has been amazing. I'm pretty sure it's for the face, and it's a little pricey by comparison to other lotions for the size ($11 a jar) but I use it on my hands and they LOVE it. My hands and cuticles look just as nice as they do in the summer. I only need to apply it once, in the morning, and the effect holds for the whole day. I put some on again at night, too. With other lotions, I had to apply every couple of hours. I get it at my grocery store, so it's not something you need to go out of your way to find. I recommended it to a friend in FL who despite the humidity was also having dry hands with nothing working, and she loves it too. It's magic!

I'm so glad you ordered the 2.88 and I have my fingers crossed it works out for you! I agree, your 2.72 was dark. I noticed the tint a bit, but that darkness in the center and edges was what caught my eye more, whether that was the body tint or something else at work with it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing about that Jason’s product @rainydaze I also have terribly dry and cracked hands in the winter months despite repeated applications of moisturizer, so I may give that a whirl. :wavey:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think you would be happier with an I or H in these larger size stones which show more body color. I personally would be Ok going down a tad in size just to get the "look" I prefer. Just something to think about.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing about that Jason’s product @rainydaze I also have terribly dry and cracked hands in the winter months despite repeated applications of moisturizer, so I may give that a whirl. :wavey:

I hope it works and you love it as much as I do!! :wavey:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rainydaze, thank you for the cream recommendation. I think I've tried everything but not Jason's products. I'll have to look for it next time I go out. :)) Your observation of the 2.72 is spot on.

partgypsy, you are absolutely correct, I would be happier with an H or an I but I have to give up something to get the size I want. I've had a 2.49 J, a 2.77 J, & a 2.23 J & plus a few smaller ones but none of these had brown tints. I'm more comfortable with a yellow tint. Of course, the trick is finding the one with the least amount of yellow. :roll2: I'm not picky on clarity & I've had so many SI'1s that have all been eye clean without any integrity. I'll be keeping my eyes out for an I SI-1 from now on. ;))

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Just got some images from WF. Looks like the 2.88 is definitely in the yellow body category. Looks better to my eyes. I'm going with the 2.88. The 2.72 J SI-1 was inspected & cleared. I'm not sure how long that will take to get posted but it will be available soon. The stone is not set in the ring properly but was done to give me an idea of tint via side profile.
Mar.18th.JPG March 18th Pavilion Comparison.JPG IMG_4366.JPG IMG_4367.JPG IMG_4368.JPG

Thoughts?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Just got some images from WF. Looks like the 2.88 is definitely in the yellow body category. Looks better to my eyes. I'm going with the 2.88. The 2.72 J SI-1 was inspected & cleared. I'm not sure how long that will take to get posted but it will be available soon. The stone is not set in the ring properly but was done to give me an idea of tint via side profile.
Mar.18th.JPG March 18th Pavilion Comparison.JPG IMG_4366.JPG IMG_4367.JPG IMG_4368.JPG

Thoughts?

I love it and definitely see a color AND size difference. While the slight size increase might not be very noticeable in your gorgeous setting, I still think you're going to be THRILLED with the result! :appl:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is a tiny bit of a size bump of about .22. :D DK assured me it would fit low into my setting so I hope that's true. The suspense never ends. :oops2:

The colour is more appealing to me so I'm much more comfortable with this stone than the 2.72. I guess the stone shifted sideways while they were trying to photograph the stone top down. I'm not going to drive myself nutty & read into it. It's a gorgeous stone.

PS.. so sorry about the size of the pictures. I didn't realize they were going to be that massive. I need to do a better job of cropping & resizing. ** sigh **

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really pretty and I hope it blows you away when all is said and done!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ceg, I am very grateful you did.
MissGotRocks, thank you, I hope so. I feel better seeing the yellow body tone as odd as that sounds. Looks as familiar as all the other J's I've owned. I just have to get a hold of DK. :shock:

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE love love your new stone!!! How wonderful for you. Perfect size too- yummmm:lickout:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The new stone does look whiter from pics and I’m excited for you as I truly love the amazing setting from DK :love:

Pls share lots of pics when you get it back!

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your new stone looks gorgeous! It looks like the same yellow tone as your previous stone. I bet you are going to love it and I your setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results