shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help from the Ladies Here!

RockGuy

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody. I've got my proposal all figured out. I'm having a bonfire next Saturday with the GF, her family, my family and some close friends. I'm going to pull her aside for a few minutes for a night time toast under a large willow tree that I'm lighting up with LED string lights. I carved our initials in the tree, which is at a place I used to go to summer camp and many couples did that over the years. I plan to tell her what she means to me and show her the carving and tell her what would really make me happy would be if we can come back there one day and change her second initial, then drop on one knee.

Now, I've considered the lighting and the question itself, but there's one thing I can't relate to!

What goes through a young woman's head in the following moments?

What is the next thing she might want to do? Tell her parents? Get a better view of the ring? Something else?

I'm just wondering what else I could set up that would make the moments following the proposal more special. Thanks for any input!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well, if everyone will be there already...then I think a celebration is in order! what about having s'mores at the bonfire? She will probably want to hug you, look at the ring, hug you, and tell her friends/parents all at the same time :)

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Very romantic proposal you've got planned.

I assume she would want a bit of time to share the special moment between the two of you under the willow tree with some hugs and kisses.

It's great all your loved ones will be there, so I'm sure she will be excited to share the news with them. Perhaps you can propose a toast to your new fiance with some champagne, (make her feel even more special and loved).

Then I'm sure she will want to take tons of pictures with you, her ring and your family/friends.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

terrosa

Rough_Rock
FuturePsyD|1305531028|2922865 said:
Very romantic proposal you've got planned.

I assume she would want a bit of time to share the special moment between the two of you under the willow tree with some hugs and kisses.

It's great all your loved ones will be there, so I'm sure she will be excited to share the news with them. Perhaps you can propose a toast to your new fiance with some champagne, (make her feel even more special and loved).

Then I'm sure she will want to take tons of pictures with you, her ring and your family/friends.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
good idea

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results