shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help from Gemologists!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

harleywoman

Rough_Rock
I have been reading the posts by some of the Gemologists with great fascination and I would really appreciate some advice if any of you could help me. After over 20 years in the jewelry business, I finally took the leap and enrolled in the GIA GG course. I received the Diamond''s course at 4:30PM on Fri. Jan 9. and finished the internet exams by Tue. 13. Now I''m already on lesson 9 of Diamonds and Diamond Grading while I''m waiting for them to decide on the proctor for my test. Now I''m going to have to come up with some Gemological instruments (polariscope, Dichroscope, Spectrocope, etc,) pretty quickly. My husband is a jeweler and I already know Stuller''s sells these slightly cheaper than the GIA, but now I''ve found Kassoy which has some brands I''ve never heard of which are considerably cheaper. I''ve found some internet dealers for microscopes with pretty good specs very cheap.

Anyway, I know lots and lots of jewelers, but no Gemologists and nothing about gemological equipment. I could sure use some opinions, because I had no idea I was going to run through this course material so quickly. My diamond broker is going to be so proud of himself for teaching me so much.

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
I just saw this on another website.

"Forsale GIA Gem Identification package, SKU # 510000.
As shown at thier catolog pages. Items in excellent condition, Original packaging & Manuals GIA's price $1250.oo
500.oo OBO Reply [email protected] or (918)830-7970"

You might want to check it out.

Joker....

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I've also seen a lot of used equipment for sale on ebay, though--as usual with ebay--you do have to be careful how and what you buy.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Harleywoman,

I've dealth with Kassoy for years and their service to us has been excellent. We purchased our Gran Colorimeter from them, our 10x-63x GIA microscope, amongst a host of other pieces of equipment (refractometer, polariscope, etc.). Give them a call and check em out.

harleywoman

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the replys. Don't know what I can do to repay you, but I definitely owe each of you a favor.

I used to see a lot of jewelry tools on ebay, even ordered a few as extras for hubby, but I haven't seen anything in almost a year. My total ignorance of gem equipment makes me leary, so thanks for the help.

I thought I was too old to get this excited about anything but motorcycles anymore, but this GIA couse has really got me fired up. I have wanted to do it for so long and now it's so much more interesting than I thought it would be. I'm just Obsessed. But then I've always been a rock hound.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results