shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help from experts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
I have been trying to get my wife a new ring for a looong time, she like the following ring and I am looking for a stone to go on it......

http://www.adiamor.com/R-1070-R2782-1.htm

This is what I found.....

I want a diamond that has a bright brilliant shine.....is this it ??? I know very little about rocks...here are the myths in my mind
Stick to GIA vs EGL (gia may be more stringent in grading)
Go for an Si1 rather than a cleaner stone, this is a good compromise....
get a stone with a better cut and color and not necessarily one that is inclusion free.....

The last time I posted a similar question, the consensus was that the stone I chose was a firey stone...what does that mean really ???

So what do you think of this stone and also is the stone a good deal ???
Thanks in advance......

http://www.adiamor.com/D-6921579.htm

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all diamonds have the same amount of shine. it is a physical property.

fire is the colored light that comes from a stone.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hedarud,

Welcome. Do take the time to read the tutorial here, above, under knowledge.

An opinion...based on the availability of more information from other vendors (for example, who advertise here), you could be better off to try to find one who will show you the certificate of the diamond you''re looking at, and, even better, things like "reflector images," so that you can see more exactly the good "shinyness" you''re really looking for.

A quick search on the big database here, constraining for AGS, H & SI1, brought up this one, not too far from your price point.

Actually, though it, too, lacks the reflector pictures...you have both the cert to see, and the 0 for light performance from AGS...which sort of stands in for this.

Good wishes,

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input.....so what do you actually think of the diamond I had found ??? The inclusions are very close to the middle of the stone.....since this is an si stone, they should not be readily visible ...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hedarud...

Date: 7/9/2007 1:44:45 AM
Author: hedarud
Thanks for your input.....so what do you actually think of the diamond I had found ??? The inclusions are very close to the middle of the stone.....since this is an si stone, they should not be readily visible ...
Am I missing something you''re seeing. Do you see the cert, or something else, telling you the inclusions are close to the center of the stone? I don''t. Where should I look? Or, did they tell you this. If so...I''m not sure, on this basis alone, I would understand they are not readily visible. Did anyone say they were not readily visible.

Have you read the tutorial yet?

I would not purchase a diamond without more information I can see. One item of concern is the table size, which is larger than any conventional definition of ideal. It''s not necessarily a problem...but frankly...unless I''m missing something in what''s described...since I''ve learned to not trust the term "ideal" without supporting information...I would really not be especially encouraged by this stone.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I missed that.

Pricing is reasonable, diamond I now see is borderline of OK, getting 2.4 on the HCA, if I read the crown & pavilion angles correctly on the cert.

The problem with buying it and even then taking it to an appraiser is...what will you ask them to know if it''s OK? Compared to what?

The 2.4 is probably OK based on changes to the HCA to accommodate revisions to this system...also...without studying it much, the spread it seems is good. If you want big and the $15K is close in on your budget...you could probably do worse.

Otherwise, I would, for this money, seek more confirmation on the good light reflecting properties of the diamond before going forward, if possible.

I''m not sure how adiamor could help you with that.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
OK what do people think of this
http://whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idno=309682

Again, I am looking for a stone that looks very clean, no visible inclusions to the naked eye, nice color.....
I want the stone to be around this price range...any help is appreciated, if someone can find a nicer stone, great, I need help and am not sure if I have what it takes to be an expert at this, I just dont want to get ripped off or an ugly stone

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully you''ll get a response from somebody else besides me today. And Julie.

Unfortunately, WF''s option here comes with no cert, right...it''s virtual. It well could be less favorable than your original pick...though maybe not.

You want big for a conservative cost. Who''s to blame you.

If you want WF now...I tried the Price Stat''s option above, under prices...which tries to do some analysis for you based on little info.

Although I didn''t see an H looking good...you might discuss this G with WF...costing just under the one you selected...at $15,474 based on wire & Pricescope pricing.

Maybe others can help, too.

Regards,

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can't go wrong with an aca.
....just my opinion from owning a few
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 5:30:09 PM
Author: belle
you can''t go wrong with an aca.
5.gif
Ditto.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
It is a great stone, my concern is that for less I could find a G color SI stone.....I feel like the price is a bit high considering it is I color...any thoughts

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2007 5:48:58 PM
It is a great stone, my concern is that for less I could find a G color SI stone.....I feel like the price is a bit high considering it is I color...any thoughts
you could probably find a d/vs for less but that does not make it better. if you want a well cut (well cut directly correlates to sparkly) 2ct. diamond, it is going to be an average of 20k.. with the colorless diamonds going for quite a bit more than that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is well priced for an extremely well cut stone (and a branded one at that), comperable to a H&A from other vendors.

Remember, you do get what you pay for.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2007 5:34:37 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/9/2007 5:30:09 PM
Author: belle
you can't go wrong with an aca.
5.gif
Ditto.
Thritto that. Colour also seems to have more of an impact on price, so it is a case of priorities.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
You could consider taking a consultative approach with WF. Review your concerns, see what they say. I typically recommend you might ask them to bring in one or two birds in the bush (the H&G you and I found?)...with the bird in hand in mind...asking them to compare (they don''t know these birds in the bush until they see them, either), and asking them for their professional judgement about them.

They''d get your business either way. Sort of an ideal set up, potentially. If there''s some lingering doubt, you could engage a sharpy appraiser to get a second opinion, too.

Just some thoughts.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
I appreciate the inputs, I am going to keep looking, if anyone can post a better diamond for less, feel free to do so....:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results