shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help for stylish & special engagement ring!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tzeleung

Rough_Rock
Hi! all
I''''m looking for a very special and unique engagement ring to propose my girlfriend. I want to buy a special ddesign ring rather than only focus on the stone. I like modern or antique kind of ring. But it is hard to find a right size antique since my girlfriend''''s hand is very small. Could anyone give me some suggestion? I really want something really elegant. Thanks

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey...You might want to re post this on the Rocky Talk section. This is for already finished rings so you''ll get more replies over there where people are talking about making up rings.

E B

Ideal_Rock
What are you looking to spend? Do you want a round diamond? Metal preference?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you do a search for antique rings you should find some threads where we''ve helped others asking for similar rings...with a ton of links!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re looking for a modern look that will show off the diamond I would suggest a tension setting by Gelin & Abaci or Kretchmer.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Check out antiqueengagementrings.com and know jewelers - both have gorgeous settings and really pretty diamonds.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have an idea of what your girlfriend likes? you mentioned you like modern or antiques but does she? those are also very different looks, I love antiques but not a fan of modern styles at all for myself.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to ask--do YOU want a special design, or does your future fiancee want a special design? Make sure you know her preferences before you make some big decisions. Sometimes the most independent, original lady can be a traditional Tiffany solitaire gal at heart--you never know.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with mrssalvo. I think that modern is really cool also, but most women prefer an antique look, and I think that you can''t go wrong with a pretty, delicate antiquey looking setting. I would go with that over modern for an engagment ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, I agree with everyone that antique reproduction is the way to go. So here are a few questions:

What shape diamond does she like?
What is your budget?
What size stone were you thinking of for that budget?
What metal do you want for the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results