shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help for estimated value

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone :)
I bought a Bulgari ring for a good value (I think) 650USD. It is a 14k white gold ring, has 22 prongs with 1.03ct. Diamond color and clarity is Hl/I1

How much might it be worth? Wanna resell it again right away but totally no idea where to start. I uploaded a screenshot of the ring.

Thanks in advance everyone :) Screenshot_20190518_005613_com.facebook.orca.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you already paid?

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately you overpaid by a ton and won't be able to resell for anything close to what you paid. You will loose money. Return if you can

Thank you for your fast reply :)
May I ask why it has no value and is overpaid?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell us what documentation you received with it? Is it marked Bulgari on the inside?

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Can you tell us what documentation you received with it? Is it marked Bulgari on the inside?
I got a certificate and a box from Bulgari.The Bulgari i can see on the inside ofhe ring. I bought this one on celebrity cruise ship where I do work. Some of my Co-Workers said it has a great value.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suggest you take it to an appraiser and have them look at it and "verify" it as best they can. They can also tell you a fair price you can expect to
get as a secondhand seller. Finding a buyer is always the hard part.

Is this a new item you bought from a jewelry store on a cruise ship?

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
I suggest you take it to an appraiser and have them look at it and "verify" it as best they can. They can also tell you a fair price you can expect to
get as a secondhand seller. Finding a buyer is always the hard part.

Is this a new item you bought from a jewelry store on a cruise ship?
This was also my plan to find a good appraiser. Thisitem is brand new. They offer often lots of random stuff for the people which are on the ship.

It would be great to know an estimated value so I don't go without any clue how much worth it might be :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I hope the appraiser has good news for you. I'm hoping that it is real and that you can get the money you have in it back out of it.

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Well, I hope the appraiser has good news for you. I'm hoping that it is real and that you can get the money you have in it back out of it.
Thank you very much for your wishes. Anyways, what do you think? Was it overpriced with 1.03ct, Hl/l1 ??

Was hoping for a bit more money than the 650USD I paid.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you return it? That would probably be the best thing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you return it? That would probably be the best thing.
Doubtful. Cruise ship vendors bank on ppl making impulse purchases in the moment on things that are not worth asking price. Seems unlikely they'd let someone return, unless it's only been a super short time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TBH, I think you will very lucky if you can sell it for $300-$325. :silenced:

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for all your honest answers. Sadly after I bought this ring, I was thinking the same that a cruise ship will not sell anything with a high quality...or else they would sell it by their self. If it isn't authentic then for sure I can have my money refunded. It is than a false statement what they give me on the certificate. Just can't imagine a cruise ship will sell non authentic stuff? Because for sure they would have serious problems than if some cruise passangers find out it isn't authentic and all.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for all your honest answers. Sadly after I bought this ring, I was thinking the same that a cruise ship will not sell anything with a high quality...or else they would sell it by their self. If it isn't authentic then for sure I can have my money refunded. It is than a false statement what they give me on the certificate. Just can't imagine a cruise ship will sell non authentic stuff? Because for sure they would have serious problems than if some cruise passangers find out it isn't authentic and all.
Even if it's real, it isn't high quality, and you are going to lose money trying to sell it. Just trying to be honest, bc you said you want to sell it.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would second everyone saying it is inauthentic. Bulgari simply don’t use i1 or i2 diamonds. As far as I’m aware they don’t use 14k gold either. By its appearance the diamonds are extremely poor quality and the color appears closer to M. Sorry but I would certainly seek a refund on this.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even a plain thin wedding band from bulgari is over usd$1500 so if you can get your $ back for false representation, that's what I'd do. Good luck!

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Interesting and very helpful to read all of your comments :)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s actually Bvlgari not Bulgari - so the brand is with a v not a u.
I wonder if it’s a deception to make you think it is the premium brand?
Bvlgari also only uses 18kt gold, stamped as 750 inside or Platinium, they don’t use 14kt gold. Their hallmark also says “made in Italy”.
Unfortunately, like Cartier and Tiffany there are many fakes and “look a likes” out there.
Someone might be trying to “cash in” on their brand looking and sounding like the exclusive brand. Hope you can return it from for a refund

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
I find this thread most interesting. Bvlgari does have shops on select Celebrity ships. I shopped the one on the Celebrity Edge. However, all the stock I saw - was watches. It is entirely possible the vendor does bring loss leader items in for sale. Of note - Bvlgari's web addy is spelled with a "U".

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also never seen a bulgari ring like that. Usually their products are more delicate. So I worry about authenticity.
This!!!!! and
I would second everyone saying it is inauthentic. Bulgari simply don’t use i1 or i2 diamonds. As far as I’m aware they don’t use 14k gold either. By its appearance the diamonds are extremely poor quality and the color appears closer to M. Sorry but I would certainly seek a refund on this.
This!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An email to Bulgari, including pictures of the ring, box and any stamping inside, could help clear up whether it's genuine or not.

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Got confirmed that this ring is not a Bulgari ring. But the ship did not also declare it as one. My mistake i think. They gave a bulgari box only but the ring itself isn't bulgari :D It's just a ring with the specs i mention before. Kinda sad but I try to sell it somehow. 650USD might be too much I paid but I do my best out of it. Next time I am more smart about Jewelry :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like they were purposely being misleading, which is exactly what I figured.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got confirmed that this ring is not a Bulgari ring. But the ship did not also declare it as one. My mistake i think. They gave a bulgari box only but the ring itself isn't bulgari :D It's just a ring with the specs i mention before. Kinda sad but I try to sell it somehow. 650USD might be too much I paid but I do my best out of it. Next time I am more smart about Jewelry :)
It has been an expensive lesson in life, but not as expensive as some people have suffered!

How did you pay? By credit card? If yes, you should ring the card company and request a chargeback on the basis the goods were misrepresented and/or not as described.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results