shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding the Chart with Ring sizes and Percentage of Finger coverage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I''m trying to find that chart that''s been posted with the ring size and how it relates to the percentage of the finger covered.

Does anyone have it?

Thank you kindly, in advance!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one??

RBCSizeOnFingerCP43543.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS can find anything.
9.gif
I don''t ever remember even seeing this chart! Very interesting. Will have to file that away.
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsSalvo thank you soooo much! This is exactly what I needed!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo can find anything and she's super fast!
36.gif

mnemonic

Rough_Rock
Interesting... can someone explain this chart with a phrase? I''m thinking:

"A 1 carat Round Brilliant Cut (RBC?) diamond (which is 6.5mm across) will cover 39% of the width of a size 6 finger (which is 17mm across)"

Is that right? If it is, what''s the "ideal range" here? The yellow numbers (39% - 50%)?

thanks!

diasurfer

Rough_Rock
The colors seem to indicate the thirties, forties, and fifties, as near as I can tell (there are a couple of exceptions).

I heard 6 is the average finger size and 1 carat is a common benchmark.

You can read the chart as, for example, "To get the same finger coverage as the average size 6 with a 1 carat (39%), I need a 1.5 carat for my size 9 finger".

I think there is no "ideal range", could be 25%, could be 55%, it''s a matter of personal taste. FWIW, I used this chart to determine that I needed a 1.25 to get that "benchmark" 39% coverage for my GF''s size 7.5 finger.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 1:41:49 PM
Author: mnemonic
Interesting... can someone explain this chart with a phrase? I''m thinking:

''A 1 carat Round Brilliant Cut (RBC?) diamond (which is 6.5mm across) will cover 39% of the width of a size 6 finger (which is 17mm across)''

Is that right? If it is, what''s the ''ideal range'' here? The yellow numbers (39% - 50%)?

thanks!

There''s no ideal for size, it''s all personal preference. This chart is useful for when you see a ring online on a certain finger size and want to know what size diamond YOU need on your different sized finger to get the same "look". You then look up the size of the fingers you''re comparing as well as the carat size, and "match" the numbers for coverage to get the same look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results