shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding the best price on a setting & stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JoelcBrown

Rough_Rock
To anyone out there who can lend a hand...

I am beginning to search for an engagement ring, and have become innundated with FAR too much information for my puny human brain. I have searched internet sites, I have gone to discount retailers, and I have even (gasp!) searched on places like Shane Company's website for possible styles. Now, the style I have found is attached here with my post. It is a platinum channel or bezel setting, in a sort of teardrop shape. And since I don't really want to buy this setting from Shane Co., I am looking for alternative vendors for this style.
I am looking at stones between .75 a 1 carat, good clarity and color, VS1-SI2 would be acceptable.
Is there anyone out there who knows of good wholesalres/retailers in the San Francisco bay area, or of a reliable internet retailer that won't completely screw me? I really just need some good advice and some suggestions on how and where to shop so I get this right.

channelsetring.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome to PS

you''ll get more replies in Rocky Talky.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good old gold and whiteflash for the diamond. And I can''t see any setting... so I can''t advise there. Post the pic and I''d be happy to take a look. Also... would you mind posting a maximum budget for the whole ring?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
your picture didn''t attach. there are many reputable online vendors here who I''m sure can help you find the perfect stone and setting. If they don''t stock something similar you can always get something custom made. The number one thing you need to look for in your stone is it''s CUT. A well cut stone will help mask color and clarity. You can read the tutorial here on PS. Goodoldgold.com also has a very nice tutorial on their site that is worth checking out too.

Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results