shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding super ideal 2 ct stone

ooandyoo

Rough_Rock
Ive been looking for a 2 ct, G, VS2+ super ideal diamond. Is it just me or is the inventory pretty low for these specs? Ive been monitoring WF for an ACA with those specs but everything is either below 2ct or better color/clarity and putting it out of my price range. Ive also been monitoring JA but I prefer WF because of their upgrade policy. Are there any other vendors I should check out that have a similar upgrade policy to WF? Also if anyone has any recommendations on diamonds, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, those are popular specs. I ended up with a 1.84 for those reasons

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
have you looked at Brian Gavin and High Performance DIamonds?

what's your budget?

ooandyoo

Rough_Rock
have you looked at Brian Gavin and High Performance DIamonds?

what's your budget?

I just checked those vendors out but theyre out of my price range. Im aiming to keep the total price of the diamond + setting under $30k.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ooandyoo

Rough_Rock
I know you said VS2 or better but it says eye clean.... within budget and allows for a nice setting if you do wire and get the discount

http://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD8605

http://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD8902 (If you'd drop to an H)

Thank you. The VS2/G color are the minimum that I want to get. Looks like I may need to up my budget a bit.

They have one with the specs I want for ~$31k.

http://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD7616

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure you're going to get stone and setting at 2 ct G VS2 + and setting for $30k unless you are doing a very basic platinum solitiare.

I'd personally call Whiteflash and tell them you need a 2 ct G VS2 and see if they have one coming in or if they can access one for you. I do love their upgrade policy, and honestly, their prices are usually the best of all the true H&A vendors.

The best I can find at the moment is this from Victor Canera. He can make a beautiful solitaire, too. Might put you just a little over budget ($29k for the stone and you'll get a discount on the setting). I think he has a good upgrade policy.

https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/ags104092411001-2.010-g-vs2-ideal-hearts-arrows-round

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I missing something? WF has 2 diamonds that fit the criteria and are about 24K and 26K.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ooandyoo -

I have recently purchased a couple of Victor Canera signature cut round brilliants and spent some time in his office checking out his inventory. They are, in my opinion, the most well cut round brilliants I've ever owned - easily on par with WF's ACA, and with Brian Gavin Diamond's and Good Old Gold's signature cuts. While I would give the prize to HPD for the most precision cut diamond out there anywhere, I would actually say that VC Signature rounds are cut with an almost identical level of precision, but, to my eye, are just a slightly prettier diamond. Their light return is off the chain, and they're such an elegant looking stone.

So - that Victor Canera 2 ct stone posted by diamondseeker (especially at $28,995 wired, with 10% off one of his settings are his excellent upgrade policy) would hit ALL the bases for me and I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. Proceed with confidence.

ooandyoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I actually saw that victor canera stone in person and it was definitely beautiful. I just wanted to look at other vendors to see if I could to keep everything within my budget. Looks like I will need to up my budget a bit.

ooandyoo

Rough_Rock
With that being said, does anyone have any feedback on the images of the VC stone? I'm not sure if its just the camera setup but the H&A, ASET and Idealscope images do not look as good as some other stones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The VC stone is fine. I'd be happy to have it and I am picky with cut. The WF stone I linked, likewise, has excellent light return images.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both are nearly the same for me. I'd call Whiteflash and have them compare visually

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that 2.056 :love::love: but I agree with tophat that you should have WF pull both stones and see how the performance compares in person!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you plan on having VC create the setting for you?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Id get a VC setting with the VC stone or a WF custom setting with the WF ACA.
Hm.. I love Victor's work, if you get the stone with him, you will get a discount on the setting. The WF stone is also beautiful, I have not seen their custom work, VC's will be much better in any case, but I am not sure if the cost-benefit is there for you.
If there any way to get it delivered out of state lol :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the 2.538 H VS2 RB Victor has out of your budget? That is also a lovely stone. I'd choose the Victor option purely for the bonus of the discount on the setting. His settings and the final overall finished piece of jewellery you will end up with are worth the difference in price of the stones IMHO.

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will chime in. Just went through this process looking for over a year. I went with WF, love them. I actually got my wife a ACA GVS2, it's a 2.08ct. It took so long as I was very picky with the specs, I had to have certain numbers, looking back, I wasted a lot of time you will see that as you read on. So I actually flew out to WF as I have work in TX. They are awesome to work with, the BEST. They will compare the two for you, and they really know what they are talking about. Brittany told me exactly what she thought, they will also send photos, videos, but I had to see fo myself I got out there and spent a couple hours with them, guess what they were dead on correct. Any of their ACA diamonds are at such a high standard I could not see the difference and I have a really good eye for this. After looking at 3 different ACA diamonds in multiple lighting I just could not tell any difference. I was first stuck on F vs G well that was easy, G all the way then VS1- VS2, well the VS2 we got is 100% eye clean at all distances, it's very very clean, the inclusion is just a tiny bit easier to see under magnification then the VS1, I could spot both with in either with a loupe but they don jump out at you. I got stuck on FVS1 as that was my wife's first diamond. I can't believe how awesome their ACA diamonds are, my wife has other AGS 000 diamonds but the WF ACA BLOWS them away. This diamond is an absolute beast! It so bright and has so much fire its ridiculous. My wife gets multiple complicated on how much it sparkles, on a daily basis from random people who can't keep their eyes off it, trust me you will not go wrong with a WF ACA, Check my threads if you want to see it. Again, best thing I ever did was dealing with WF! And their trade up policy and customer servce, no brainer. How is that for an endorsement, lol! I think both of those ACAs look great. Have them pull them for you and check them out to see if one out performs the other. I don't think so, it's soooooooooo much splitting hairs.

Nothing wrong with the other PS vendors either, WF just worked out for us.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ooandyoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I've decided to go with VC. I'm going for the Jocelyn with u-cut pave and single claw prongs.

Do you think I should stick with one pave style for the whole ring (band, prongs, basket)? Will it look weird with u-cut on the band and bright cut on the basket and/or prongs?I'm having a hard time visualizing and deciding.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I've decided to go with VC. I'm going for the Jocelyn with u-cut pave and single claw prongs.

Do you think I should stick with one pave style for the whole ring (band, prongs, basket)? Will it look weird with u-cut on the band and bright cut on the basket and/or prongs?I'm having a hard time visualizing and deciding.
Yay! Awesome to hear! I love the Jocelyn setting as is with diamonds in the basket and on the shank. I would trust Victor on the pavè style, but you can review this article of his to help with visualization: https://www.victorcanera.com/education/jewelry/pave-styles
I would use full cut meleè because it will hold a MRB. Overall, I would completely trust Victor with the design.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results