shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding an antique cushion

March16

Rough_Rock
Hi I am currently looking for antique cut cushion, First step is picking a diamond here is the first option:
Shape and cut: Cushion Brilliant
Measurements: 6.15mm x 6.13mm x4.05mm
Color:1
Clarity: VVS2
Weight: 1.08
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: none
Table:52 %
Depth: 66.1%
1st%20option.png

any thoughts?

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
It is hard to tell from just the specs. Do you have any pictures of the stone?

March16

Rough_Rock
I will get a video sometime next week, what about the cutlet? and thanks for your help:)

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
March16|1316393456|3020373 said:
I will get a video sometime next week, what about the cutlet? and thanks for your help:)

In the mean time, post your budget and we can help you find other antique cushions to consider.

March16

Rough_Rock
i want something between 1 to 1.5 carat...any help is useful and I appreciate it, I have a modern cushion and now I have fallen in love with antique cushions:)

newringdude

Rough_Rock
March, out of curiosity, where are you looking for stones? How much were you quoted for that stone? I am looking at something around your range, and am curious so that we can compare notes.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
March16|1316393456|3020373 said:

What about the culet? No Culet information is provided above.

What is color 1?

newringdude

Rough_Rock
Hi Charmy, I am about to pull the trigger on the 1.11 perry cushion. I wanted your input on the color. Perry says that the I faces up as well as some H colors that he has sold and it is beautiful. Mark at ERD originally told me to go I or better and not get a J like I was originally looking at. Now that he knows I am interested in an I, he says that he would only go H or better. Doesn't make much sense to me (seems like he may be trying to make me a sale). He offered me a .90 H/Si1 for $3,800, but for only a little bit more I can get a for sure eye clean si1 in I color that is 1.11 carats. I am very sure on this diamond, but just want to be certain before I go through with it all. Also, what is your experience with customer service/payment/returns at Leon Mege?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
can you post your budget? also where are you looking for cushions? I would recommend GOG and ERD to start looking.

March16

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replies,
some clarification, 1 is I- I was rushing when I typed it.
the max I want to spend on a diamond is $6500, does anyone think I can go a bit bigger then 1 carat without compromising too much and stay within my budget???

and currently I'm working with Perry from Leon Megé.

I"m so nervous that I'm gonna get a stone then not like it or find something about it that I don't like. I'm only 3 or 4 hours from NYC so I might just have to take a trip there..but I wanted to do that for the setting.... ugh so many things to think about.

New Ring dude: that stone was quoted $5600 or 5500 i gotta double check my emails.

heres another image-

image.png

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Do you like this AVC? I just did a quick search on gog's website.
I think Perry can source very nice cushions and has for many pser's but I would also check with ERD and GOG to see if they can find something better for your budget. Regardless all 3 stores have a return policey so you should be set regardless.

And I'm not sure if it matters but find out about their upgrade policys. I think GOG has the best upgrade options out there currently.

$5,300 for a .92ct cushion.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/7138/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results