shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help finding a specific e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Poseidon

Rough_Rock
Newbie and just starting the search here. I am seeking a specific engagement ring for an April engagement (she knows). I am looking for a ring that must meet the following criteria:
18 k white gold 3 stone ring (Emerald cut) with channel-set baguettes. I would like the main stone to be around 1 carat with the sidestones somewhere around .5 carat. Diamond quality is still a difficult thing for me as I usually factor quality in everything buy, but really just want something that will “pop” as many have said.

If I wanted princess I would have probably already made a mistake buying one from someone like Kay’s. Luckily I like doing some research and lucked out by finding my way here. The ideal ring would be something like this (but with the aforementioned emerald cut and baguettes) : http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/three-stone-settings/ring/item_60-2401.asp.

Local offerings in Huntsville, AL are the typical mall Jewelry stores with a couple smaller ones that offer the same rings. So, online seems to be the best option.
I found this ring (http://www.earthling.com/13527/PictPage/3923191118.html) which meets the criteria perfectly but some warning flags popped up in the back of my head when I read some of H. Chandra’s policies and just the way the site looks hastily constructed. Not that a sites quality should matter, but it looks rather ebay-ish and that spooked me.

So, I am probably looking at having to build the ring, but none of the sites like Blue Nile or any that I have found so far allow me to swap the channel diamonds. My target budget is $5 or 6 K, but that is not firm if the final result would make a big difference.

Questions for the forum:

Where can I find a setting that meets my criteria?

Is there some aspect to emerald cut diamonds I should focus on, or look out for?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a craftsman that could put this together for me in the area? Birmingham, Nashville, and Chattanooga are all easy commutes.

Any other advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks…

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2009 10:45:49 AM
Author:Poseidon

Newbie and just starting the search here. I am seeking a specific engagement ring for an April engagement (she knows). I am looking for a ring that must meet the following criteria:
18 k white gold 3 stone ring (Emerald cut) with channel-set baguettes. I would like the main stone to be around 1 carat with the sidestones somewhere around .5 carat. Diamond quality is still a difficult thing for me as I usually factor quality in everything buy, but really just want something that will “pop” as many have said.

If I wanted princess I would have probably already made a mistake buying one from someone like Kay’s. Luckily I like doing some research and lucked out by finding my way here. The ideal ring would be something like this (but with the aforementioned emerald cut and baguettes) : http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/three-stone-settings/ring/item_60-2401.asp.

Local offerings in Huntsville, AL are the typical mall Jewelry stores with a couple smaller ones that offer the same rings. So, online seems to be the best option.
I found this ring (http://www.earthling.com/13527/PictPage/3923191118.html) which meets the criteria perfectly but some warning flags popped up in the back of my head when I read some of H. Chandra’s policies and just the way the site looks hastily constructed. Not that a sites quality should matter, but it looks rather ebay-ish and that spooked me.

So, I am probably looking at having to build the ring, but none of the sites like Blue Nile or any that I have found so far allow me to swap the channel diamonds. My target budget is $5 or 6 K, but that is not firm if the final result would make a big difference.

Questions for the forum:

Where can I find a setting that meets my criteria? Check out some of the PS vendors such as those listed below to begin with, if you can't see anything you like, some can do custom and create a ring for you.

www.goodoldgold.com

www.winkjones.com

www.engagementringsdirect.com

www.whiteflash.com

www.niceice.com

www.jamesallen.com

Is there some aspect to emerald cut diamonds I should focus on, or look out for? These shapes can show colour and inclusions more readily than some other shapes, so for clarity I would suggest VS or better, colour is a personal preference but if you are on a budget perhaps F G and H might be a good starting point. It is cut which is all important, so work with a vendor who has in house diamonds and can supply detailed photos and images such as ASET to help you make the best choice, also they will be able to source and recommend the side stones for you.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a craftsman that could put this together for me in the area? Birmingham, Nashville, and Chattanooga are all easy commutes.

Thanks…

Poseidon

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! I have perused the sites you provided but came up with nothing, although some are close.

I came across a tip that states: When the human eye looks at a three-stone diamond ring, it tends to see the entire ring and the proportions of all three stones rather than focus on the size of the center stone. With a solitaire setting, you focus on the size of the single diamond but with a 3-stone ring your eye will have a hard time focusing on the size of the center stone. This means you can probably help your budget by getting a little less carat weight for your center stone and nobody will see the difference. - The Diamond Source of Virginia (http://www.diamondsourceva.com/RingsJewelry/ThreeStoneRings/diamonds-three-stone-rings.asp)

So, I suppose the carat weight is not as important as proportions, cut, and clarity, as you have already pointed out. Thank you so much for taking the time to help, as I am really out of my element.

Date: 1/2/2009 10:50:27 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 1/2/2009 10:45:49 AM
Author:Poseidon

Questions for the forum:

Where can I find a setting that meets my criteria? Check out some of the PS vendors such as those listed below to begin with, if you can''t see anything you like, some can do custom and create a ring for you.

www.goodoldgold.com

www.winkjones.com

www.engagementringsdirect.com

www.whiteflash.com

www.niceice.com

www.jamesallen.com

Is there some aspect to emerald cut diamonds I should focus on, or look out for? These shapes can show colour and inclusions more readily than some other shapes, so for clarity I would suggest VS or better, colour is a personal preference but if you are on a budget perhaps F G and H might be a good starting point. It is cut which is all important, so work with a vendor who has in house diamonds and can supply detailed photos and images such as ASET to help you make the best choice, also they will be able to source and recommend the side stones for you.

Thanks…

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one that''s similar... I know they do custom and could most likely make you what you want.
ring1
Here''s another that''s closer...
ring2

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are most welcome Poseidon! Maybe custom might be the way to go for you, also I really like the second setting Tucks found!

Poseidon

Rough_Rock
I like them both but the 1st one is out because of the channel width I imagine as I doubt baguettes are that small (?). The second is very nice, but not sure my future wife wants horizontal baguettes, but I will ask if that is a possibility. It is listed around $8 K and a little bit more than I wanted to spend, but she is definitely worth it! I really want to fulfill her dream ring and will keep plugging away at it. I know the setting exists as the ring is listed here (http://bridal.reeds.com/Three-Stone-Diamond-Ring-2ctw-plu18807503.html). I just do not want to overpay for it like I would be had I purchased it from there.

Thank you so much for the post and they are in my list of considerations...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Take a quick look at this site... They have a lot of beautiful three stone rings of all different shapes.
Martin Flyer

Poseidon

Rough_Rock
A special thanks to Lorelei & Tuckins1 for your help. I contracted Knox jewelry to develop both rings and the results are phenomenal. Once my fiancé saw all the rings she focused on the Jaunty and I contacted Brian to see what we could do. As you can see, he crafted a phenomenal set!!! The pictures do not do it justice and the rings sparkle like stars in the sky. The service was phenomenal as well as the craftsmanship of the artisans who designed and cast each of the rings. I could not be more pleased with the purchase and my fiancé continues to beam with pride and adoration for her "dream ring." A dream come true because of Brian''s attention to detail and the craftsmanship of the artisans who designed and cast each of the rings.

Sheila125470a.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 8:23:47 AM
Author: Poseidon
A special thanks to Lorelei & Tuckins1 for your help. I contracted Knox jewelry to develop both rings and the results are phenomenal. Once my fiancé saw all the rings she focused on the Jaunty and I contacted Brian to see what we could do. As you can see, he crafted a phenomenal set!!! The pictures do not do it justice and the rings sparkle like stars in the sky. The service was phenomenal as well as the craftsmanship of the artisans who designed and cast each of the rings. I could not be more pleased with the purchase and my fiancé continues to beam with pride and adoration for her ''dream ring.'' A dream come true because of Brian''s attention to detail and the craftsmanship of the artisans who designed and cast each of the rings.
Oh my goodness!!!! Tucks and I are so glad to be of help to you and as for the finished result, its STUNNING!!

Many congratulations to you both and enjoy that fabulous ring!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif

So glad we could help!
Congratulations on such a beautiful piece! I cannot wait to see it on her hand!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results