shape
carat
color
clarity

need help finding a small marquise

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is 9.66 x 4.68 x 3.08 mm. It seemed to me that setting it e/w would make it okay, but seeing it on my finger makes it look very small.

Reactions: AV_

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lookinagain|1453960556|3982830 said:
It is 9.66 x 4.68 x 3.08 mm. It seemed to me that setting it e/w would make it okay, but seeing it on my finger makes it look very small.

They look really small unset, don't they. I promise that by the time you add in that halo with one pointers and the milgrain channels you will be fine across the top of that finger.

But the best way to do it is to draw it out.

Draw out the diamond then do a halo that is 2mm all around on the top and bottom where the halo is. And at each end, since there is that design add another 3.5 mm on each side. Then cut it out and put it on your finger.

We've all done it sometime. The paper cut out. It helps.

I think you'll be fine. But the best way to see for yourself.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gypsy, I will try that in the morning. You are great at giving pointers that help with indecisivness or insecurity!

I started another thread to try to figure out how to set a small pear cut that I have. I'd love your comments on that.

thank you.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's different. I think I am going with the one you found.
The one I was measuring. I think it will be fine.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My CAD drawing is here. I think the shank needs to taper a tiny bit. Does anyone have other suggestions? The ring is to be all platinum. Does the listing of the gold weight indicate something else?

_2219.jpeg

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Lookinagain|1456814254|3997750 said:
My CAD drawing is here. I think the shank needs to taper a tiny bit. Does anyone have other suggestions? The ring is to be all platinum. Does the listing of the gold weight indicate something else?

It looks great! I think I'm getting a similar ring made. I agree, the shank could be tapered a little bit, and maybe a rounded edge?

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
No tapering IMO it will give it a dated look

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think it needs a taper. But have them do a taper version and the compare side by side which one works for you.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd wrap up this thread with a follow up. My ring is ready and will be shipped to me Monday. Here are a few of the glamour shots that DK sent. I think the ring looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it. And thank you Gypsy for pointing me to this design. I would have never found it on my own.

marq4.jpg

marq5.jpg

marq6.jpg

marq8.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just beautiful!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. WANT. SO SO SO SO SO (to infinity) GORGEOUS!

It's just perfect.

Are you happy with the finger coverage???

Can we get some more pictures when you have it?? Sorry but I am smitten!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have it yet so can't give any comment on the figure coverage. I know that the person who is wearing the ring in the photos has a smaller finger than I do but I do think the coverage will be fine. I really wanted to make sure that the tips of the stone didn't stick out wider than my finger and I know they won't. I have a few more photos from DK that I'm adding, but real life photos will have to wait until the ring arrives. As you can see, I had two small sizing beads added to help prevent spinning. I do think that I am going to be a very happy lady when I see it!

_36661.jpg

marq1.jpg

_36662.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just stunning. Did you get the taper on the shank or not? I can't tell.

I am so excited for you. I hope you ADORE it.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't. I decided that I didn't want to make it any thinner as that would probably allow it to spin more. So it is just like the CAD.
Thank you Gypsy. I hope I adore it too! And kudos to David. He seems to have really brought the photos to life.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally, some hand shots taken with my phone today. they sure show up my wrinkles and red, windburned hands, yikes :oops:
I love this ring. It's just what I wanted. Something delicate, low profile yet with lots of sparkle. I think this will become one of my favorites.

img_11087.jpg

img_11088.jpg

img_11089.jpg

marq_front.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I love :love: :love: :love: this ring! the stone and the setting are gorgeous!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh, MY! It is SO GORGEOUS! :love: :drool: i adore this setting, i can't tell you how much i love it! HUGE fan of EW Marquise and this is just fantastic, definitely one of my favorite rings on PS! the finger coverage is so perfect! :appl:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
One the most beautiful marquise rings on PS very elegant looks wonderful on your hand :love: :love: :appl: :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the new pictures!

It looks fantastic on you!

Wear it in the best of heath.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks you all. I'm getting a lot of wear out of it. It is very comfortable. The low profile makes it very easy to wear.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
that looks perfect on you and DK did a fantastic job-congrats!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this ring, and I *puffy heart* LOVE the tab prongs!! It's perfect and looks amazing on you! :love:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an old thread, but @Lookinagain, you have one of my absolute favorite rings, one that I've been thinking about having made, and I just wanted to ask how the ring is holding up after 3+ years, and your thoughts on how DK's work is aging? Is there anything you would have done differently, in retrospect? How is the patina on the platinum? Any chance you might be able to post a current shot of the ring? Thanks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results