shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jqwinn

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I am in need of finding a setting for my diamond. I''ve searched many stores, online and locally, and I have the perfect setting in mind but can''t find it. My setting is somewhat similar to the Cartier 1895 but with a few changes. I don''t like how the side stones are tapered on the Cartier 1895 so I''d like my side stones to be all the same size, each diamond being 7 points with 5 stones on one side and 5 on the other. The side stones need to be F/G in color and at least VS2 in clarity. The metal type is 18k white gold. Can anyone help?

So far it seems like customizing may be the only option but does anyone know any good designers in So Cal who won''t charge and arm and a leg for custom work? Thanks in advance.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like the WF flush-fit but with larger meelee. I''d email them and ask what it would cost to move up to 7 pointers. Also check out this thread, though I think that meelee is still graduated.

Good luck!

meajha

Rough_Rock
Hi. I''m new to this forum and hope I am in the correct forum for my issue. I had alot of antique jewelry stolen in a home burglary in Fl. Of course all sentimental as given to me by husband over 23 years. I am trying to replace a pair of 1920''s diamond stud earrings and need some advice as to where I might look.
The diamonds were 1 1/4 carats each. They were round but set in platinum octagon settings that had a design of dots impressed into the octagon setting. My husband had the design duplicated for a diamond he gave me for the milennium.
One of the questions I have is do I want new diamonds or the old cuts and who might have these settings or be an expert at duplicating them.

While here in Florida I met Ari from Single Stone in CA and wondered if anyone had experience with his work. He gave me this website.

Thanks so much for your help in advance. I am frankly devastated by the theft and am desperate to sooth myself by trying to get some of the pieces duplicated or purchased again from vintage jewelers. meajha

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m doing a custom ring in SoCal as well. I don''t know where you are in SoCal, but here are lists of people we''ve talked to.

Lily & Paula from National Rings, in Glendale. They are a booth in Jewelry Mart. Not the top notch quality, but they are very nice people.

Demetra and Harry from Custom Goldsmith in Main Place Santa Ana. Very good quality rings, very helpful. They are currently no. 1 on our list.

Harry from MacTavish Jeweler, in Irvine. Skillful, but very proud as well. Willing to do your work, but he doesn''t bother trying to impress you with what he can do.

This weekend we will talk to the following;
Liberty Diamond Cutters in Irvine. They are a member of the BBB, and they sounded very friendly. Also a vendor listed on PS, so it''s a plus.

Mardi''s Jewelry in Laguna Beach. Somehow related to MacTavish.

There is also Yale Jewelers in Santa Monica, but they didn''t reply to our email. Too far for us so we won''t bother.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results