shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Finding a Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I have pretty much decided that my upgrade will be another round brilliant in the 1.5 to 1.75 carat range and the setting will be yellow gold. Yes, I have determined that I love yellow gold best. My dilemma is in trying to decide on the setting that will go with my wedding band.

I visited some mall jewelers to try on some settings to get ideas, but they didn't carry much in yg. They talked about a diamond event they will be having later this month and will have hundreds of settings and diamonds to view. I will probably go, because I want to see the settings in person and get an idea of the stone I am looking for in that setting next to my wedding band. Plus I am also thinking about about a "J" colored diamond and would like to see one in person before I make that decision. I do plan on getting my ring from one of the ps vendors here, but I would like your opinions on the kinds of ring settings I am contemplating.

Here's a pic of my wedding band:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scott kay makes some gorgeous yellow gold settings. Pearlmans carries the line and you can see some of the settings on their site. also check out Scott Kays website.

Pearlmans

www.scottkay.com

soocool

Ideal_Rock
These are the links to the settings I am contemplating:

These 1st 2 links have round diamond sidestones:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2170.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-283.asp

These setting have princess side diamonds. Would it look ok next to wedding band that has round diamonds?

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2168.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-3718.asp

BTW, The diamonds in my band are 5- 10 pointers (1/2 carat tw)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Could you give us some details about the type of settings you like? Take a look through these websites and see which ones pop out at you...
Knox
Whiteflash
James Allen

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 3:13:59 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Could you give us some details about the type of settings you like? Take a look through these websites and see which ones pop out at you...

Knox

Whiteflash

James Allen

Looks like I posted too soon!!
41.gif

I think I prefer the first one you posted, it looks like it would go great with your wedding band.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 3:14:43 PM

Date: 3/15/2009 3:13:59 PM

Knox

Whiteflash

James Allen

Looks like I posted too soon!!
41.gif
The James Allen settings are what appeal to me the most. And I am so undecided on which setting would look the best.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sort of go the opposite direction...since your wedding band is not going to match your ering exactly, I think it is better to go with something
totally different than the rounds (just my opinion
41.gif
). I like the bottom 2 links (which looked the same to me - I couldnt find the difference).

I think since you are not matching wedding band to ering that you should not look like you are trying to and missing. Better to look like
you arent trying to match and just go with two rings that look good paired together. I hope this is making sense???

Have you thought of just a plain gold setting with no side diamonds? That would also look very pretty. Or have you though about resetting your
5 10 pointers into a band that matches an ering you pick out? (Like the first link you provided - that would be an exact match if thats what you like).

Oh, the possibilities!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 6:17:16 PM
Author: tyty333
I sort of go the opposite direction...since your wedding band is not going to match your ering exactly, I think it is better to go with something
totally different than the rounds (just my opinion
41.gif
). I like the bottom 2 links (which looked the same to me - I couldnt find the difference).

I think since you are not matching wedding band to ering that you should not look like you are trying to and missing. Better to look like
you arent trying to match and just go with two rings that look good paired together. I hope this is making sense???

Have you thought of just a plain gold setting with no side diamonds? That would also look very pretty. Or have you though about resetting your
5 10 pointers into a band that matches an ering you pick out? (Like the first link you provided - that would be an exact match if thats what you like).

Oh, the possibilities!
It makes perfect sense! I love the look of the princess sidestones, but wasn''t sure if it would go with my band. But I don''t want to change the setting on my band and unfortunately it won''t fit my right hand. If you don''t think it would look weird then it is a definite possibility.

Don''t know why the 2 links show the same ring. Hopefully, this is the correct one.http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2168.asp

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you like to have an ering that was the perfect match to your wedding band? Do you know what kind of setting they call your wedding band?
I was googling for twisted band but didnt find anything like what I was looking for.

BTW - I have a pear ering with baguette side stones. I have just ordered (today
36.gif
) a 5 stone .81 (round stones) wedding band. Totally not
a match but IMO look very nice together. I bought a CZ 5 stone to wear with my ering to see if I liked it or would the fact they didnt match bother
me. I happen to like it very much and think the real wedding band that matches my ering would be very boring (its 3 baguettes in a row that total
about 45 points).

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I got my band at Littman jewelers a long time ago (10+ years) and there is no name for this particular style that I know of.

Hopefully, at the diamond show at the mall jewelers I will be able to try on some settings similar to the James Allen I posted here to see how much I like it with my band. I will also be able to try some different size diamonds in the settings also to get a better idea.

I am not so intuitive as many of you on ps who can recognize what they want so easily. I have to visually see it on me to know that I like it. I can''t even buy clothes on-line or through a catalog unless I can try it on first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results