shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a round solitaire around 1.5-1.7ct - as colorless as possible >G, eye clean.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I recommend checking WhiteFlash, HPD and Victor Canera. If you find a few you like, post them and the experts will help you. First, you may want to visit the websites and see if anything appeals to you.

Reactions: caf

wackytube

Rough_Rock
My jeweler says HCA & Whiteflash are all a scam and makes no difference. I'll do more research but can anyone provide any context/feedback?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As @NicoleNeedsHelp said, take a look at High Performance Diamonds, Whiteflash, Victor Canera, Brian Gavin, etc. Read through their websites. Peruse Pricescope. There are many threads discussing super ideals, specs to look for in non-super ideals, the HCA, etc.

If you trust your jeweler, go with your jeweler. No one here has a vested interest in you getting a diamond from any specific vender or a diamond with any specific numbers. We just want consumers to know what quality they are getting and to be happy with what they get.

Good luck!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweler says HCA & Whiteflash are all a scam and makes no difference. I'll do more research but can anyone provide any context/feedback?

Hahaha omg! Of course they would say that so that they could sell you their product, even if their diamonds are of lower quality.

Here is a really funny thread of the weird things jewellers have told you that are untrue or weird:

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock

When I first joined PS, about 6 months ago, I was having my engagement ring remade by a local jeweler. The jeweler has been in business for 35 years. The jeweler was sourcing some diamonds for me. Just for fun, I posted the GIA certs here and I thought PSers would say “great job”! But they didn’t and over the past 6 months I have learned so much. My original jeweler swears that HCA is crap and the people on PS are full of it. Therefore, over the past 6 months, I viewed many diamonds from different vendors with my OWN eyes—both super ideal diamonds and regular diamonds. I have made many costly mistakes, like buying a non super ideal stone. I ultimately found that super ideal diamonds outperformed other stones IMO. But, you should absolutely decide for yourself. One idea— You can have your jeweler source diamonds and you can buy a diamond from a super ideal vendor and compare face to face and see what YOU like. That is all that matters. All the vendors recommended to you have nice return policies. Vendors Like WF and VC carry the top of the top of the top diamonds. But, top of the line vendors will cost more. It is like a Honda verses a Mercedes— both are nice cars, but the Mercedes may be a little more top quality (I’m bad with car analogies, sorry).
People on PS will support you no matter what you decide! But, I can tell you my super ideal VC diamond will knock your socks off with its sparkle

wackytube

Rough_Rock
When I first joined PS, about 6 months ago, I was having my engagement ring remade by a local jeweler. The jeweler has been in business for 35 years. The jeweler was sourcing some diamonds for me. Just for fun, I posted the GIA certs here and I thought PSers would say “great job”! But they didn’t and over the past 6 months I have learned so much. My original jeweler swears that HCA is crap and the people on PS are full of it. Therefore, over the past 6 months, I viewed many diamonds from different vendors with my OWN eyes—both super ideal diamonds and regular diamonds. I have made many costly mistakes, like buying a non super ideal stone. I ultimately found that super ideal diamonds outperformed other stones IMO. But, you should absolutely decide for yourself. One idea— You can have your jeweler source diamonds and you can buy a diamond from a super ideal vendor and compare face to face and see what YOU like. That is all that matters. All the vendors recommended to you have nice return policies. Vendors Like WF and VC carry the top of the top of the top diamonds. But, top of the line vendors will cost more. It is like a Honda verses a Mercedes— both are nice cars, but the Mercedes may be a little more top quality (I’m bad with car analogies, sorry).
People on PS will support you no matter what you decide! But, I can tell you my super ideal VC diamond will knock your socks off with its sparkle

Thank you I appreciate it. My jeweler did say they would go buy a super ideal diamond if i wanted to see it. I'll look at White Flash & HP diamonds. My thing is.. if I am spending this much money I want it to be the best it can possibly be.

A big thank you to everyone here. There is so much misinformation it's hard to tell what is fact.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you I appreciate it. My jeweler did say they would go buy a super ideal diamond if i wanted to see it. I'll look at White Flash & HP diamonds. My thing is.. if I am spending this much money I want it to be the best it can possibly be.

A big thank you to everyone here. There is so much misinformation it's hard to tell what is fact.

if you want it to be the best it can possibly be, then go with a super ideal (whiteflash, HPD, VC, etc). Of course your jeweler says it's a scam, your jeweler can't buy a super ideal stone at cost and sell for a mark up. All of those vendors cut their stones to specific proportions and (to my knowledge) don't sell to jewelers at a marked down price. They sell to consumers directly. So if your jeweler says he can just "go get" any of these stones then I would seriously question that statement. Your jeweler wants you to buy from him, and he can't provide stones that are anywhere near as well cut as WF, HPD, VC, so his/her only option is to insult them.

None of us are jewelers (all trade members have to specifically register and can't give advice on specific stones or advertise their products). so we get absolutely nothing no matter where you buy. We just want to be helpful.

If it helps at all, I had a similar situation with my local jeweler bashing super ideals and tell me that such a thing doesn't exist and that you couldn't find a cut better than the triple ex I had just purchased, etc.

I did my own research and I listened to these fine people here on PS. I took their recommendations into account and went to various different websites and vendors they recommended. Ultimately I concluded my jeweler was full of it and that the people here at PS are very well informed. I made a decision to go with one of the brands that has been recommended here already. The customer service I've received so far is leaps and bounds over that of the local jeweler's (who also does online sales as well). The quality of the diamonds, and the quality of the information they provide to you is impressive. From the videos to ASET and IS pictures. One of the consultants even personally inspected the diamond I chose at my request, even though it was already listed as eye clean. This consultant even sent me comparison photos of my diamond side by side a diamond similar to the size that the local jeweler had initially sold me, just so I could see an accurate size representation. She even placed my diamond in a temporary setting and took a picture of it on her hand as she is a similar size to my girlfriend.

By going with some of the above mentioned/recommended companies not only are you getting the best diamonds possible, but you are also getting the best customer service as well.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could have a look at the search tool above, under the “Resources” tab. That will show you what‘s available from the PS vendors, anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results