shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a princess!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bimmerboy

Rough_Rock
Well, this is my first post but I''ve been lurky on the forums for about a month now. Alot of great info. Unfortunately, I can''t seem to find that perfect princess cut.

I''ve read that there isn''t really a "true" ideal for a fancy cut. And I''ve decided to go with a around a 1.5ct G coor VS1 or VS2 stone. The only thing is that I can''t seem to find that perfect stone in my $9K price range. I''m trying to find a stone with a fairly small table and depth numbers. Table being around 68-72% and depth around 68-70%. The stone''s that I have found in this range seem to have rather large length/width ratios. I''m trying to find something as close to 1:1 as possible.

Can anyone point me to a reputable online dealer. I''ve used pricescope but have not had much luck.

Thanks for any help.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Jenibear just aquired a beautiful princess from Diamond Brokers of Florida. I'm not sure if she's posted the specs but she did say the cut quality of their princesses is outstanding. You may want to give them a call and see what they can find for you.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks fuffi for thinking of me and my ring.
wink2.gif

You can check it out in the show me the ring section.
Diamond Brokers of Florida has the brilliant fire princess - its a branded stone so you'll pay more than a non-branded one - but they are beautiful stones with amazing light return.
My stone is a 1A with one 1B if you compare its numbers to the fancy cut charts that are on this web site.
There are "ideal" numbers for princesses - they just aren't as strict as for rounds - and it is quite possible that the numbers themselves won't guarantee a great stone. You have to see it in person - believe me I've seen some duds that should have been great.
My depth is 71.2 my table is 70. Those numbers were one or two figures below what my dream stone would be - but everything else about my stone was perfect so we bought it. It spoke to us when we saw it and I have no regrets.
Even though princesses are smaller than rounds of the same size - I don't see a difference and size was never my issue. My stone blows away most of the ones I see and gets me more compliments than any of the bigger ones my friends have.
love.gif

Good luck and let me know if I can help!
wavey.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Oh - a couple things I forgot:
rodent.gif

To be fair I know Good Old Gold and SuperbCert also sell wonderful princesses.
3.gif

DBOF - and the others probably as well - will search for the stone you want if they do not have it in stock. They also sell non-branded princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results