shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help evaluating a Princess Cut, Please....!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vafungal

Rough_Rock
I have to admit, I'd rather have a larger stone for less, a good cut is important. I orginally was looking for a princess cut, but this is kinda bizarre square/rectangle almost an emerald shape...check out the parameters...please give me some advise!!
Princess 2.41
Cut Very good (according to the seller)
Table 67
depth 71.6
ratio 8.77 by 6.76 (1.27) rectangle almost...
color H
clarity si2 (eye clean, GIA certificate shows very little inclusions)
Thin to thick girdle
Cul-NO
Polish-good
sym-good
fl-NO
GIA certified ( I trust them!)

I basically want a white stone with lot of brilliance! Is this the right stone for me? I don't think I mind having a rectangle princess vs. perfectly square princess :loopy:

Also, can I get away with color I for white looking stone on a larger princess? Thank you!! 8) 8) :rolleyes: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
this stone looks nice on the paper Vafungal :)

As for H vs I color, you have to decide yourself - it's a mater of personal taste and comfort. Try to compare H and I color diamonds of desired size to find out whether you can spot a difference. Basically, I color diamonds is quite colorless. On the other hand, color is more visible for larger stones.

vafungal

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your feedback, according to the pricescope princess chart, this particular stone is 2a cut, however, the only element that throws this from being an ideal cut is the ratio...which really doesn't bother me. :) With ratio of 1.28 on a princess, would this ring look odd or funny on x prong setting (lucida like)? Also, on a princess with high ratio, how would this affect my appraisal? Please respond...thank you for your help!! :cheeky: :)) ;)) 8) :love:

vafungal

Rough_Rock
Oh, by the way...I went to a local jeweler and looked at G, H, I, side by side under a floresent light, in 2 carat princesses....I could not, for the life of me, tell the differences between the three stones!! Do I need glasses or is that expected ::) :confused:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. The 1.28 means the stone will have a cut problem. I would still examine it with the idealscope.
2. I find about 50% of people can pick H from D/E and 90% can pick I from DEF.

vafungal

Rough_Rock
I see your point cut nut! :) I also believe I'm not in diamond cutting business and I will have the diamond set on platinum solitaire, my main concern is how it looks on me, vs. under a light in comparison to other stones side by side...I don't think I will ever have to compare the stone to another stone of same shape and size once I purchase, either that or an "I" color. I'm torn between this particular cut and or an "I" color stone with better ratio (1.05), similar in size and price, table and depth. Thanks for your input! ::)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Garry I'm sure one can distinguish D-E from H-I when you compare them side by side. However in everyday life I color probably won’t look too yellow at all. Don’t you think?

vafungal

Rough_Rock
Leonid,

Thanks for your input! ;))
Okay, I have found another one...

this one looks pretty good....hmmm, what do you think?

Princess 2.41
color "I"
clarity "si1"
depth 70.6
table 75 (would this get in the way of brilliance?)
sym good
pol good
fl-medium

what do you think? does this good on the paper? :confused: :read: ::) :sun: :halo:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results