shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help! Drop Pearl pendant for my Niece!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, my Niece is getting married next spring and is on the lookout for a pearl drop necklace, low budget.

Her nice auntie (me) would like to provide a gift as she doesn't have the money to afford a pretty pearl necklace. I don't have a large budget either, but if I can find a single nice pearl with an ivory overtone for her to have set, or to set for her, I'd like to get one for her. She'll probably put it on a silver chain, but I'd like something that she can wear on a cord later for more casual wear. She doesn't have much jewelry, but wears what she has often.

She hasn't yet sent me photos of earrings that she found, but they have a diamond stud and apparently a drop pearl, not sure about the shape of the pearls, but if you can help me with options, I'd be grateful. I'd really like to give her something that she will treasure beyond the wedding. I have a few small diamonds from another ring that I could use for the cap/setting.

Her wedding dress is barely off-white with ivory bead work on the bodice front and back of the dress.

Thanks!

Laura

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
These are the earrings she purchased...hmmm, I think I can do a diamond or cz bail with a drop pearl, what do you think? Looks like some sort of freshwater would match best.

Pearl Earrings.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I know ...if I can find some nice pearls for the earrings, I think I'll send her a set. She really want something with a gold overtone. I'll check out pearl lunar and see what I can find. The blue overtone is nice!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second one, my neice is into "simple". The other one is lovely, but I think too busy for her taste. Thanks!

I thought it would be fairly easy to find something, but it is not turning out to be that way. I'm considering buying a loose pearl and getting it set onto a cap for her.

Laura

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You're a lovely aunt LM, yes drop shape pearls are harder to find than you think.
Or if she's not into gems, you can use Swarovski 'pearls'...

SereneSolange

Rough_Rock

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for all the suggestions, they have really helped. I have not yet decided what to do yet, I also have my local jeweler seeing what her vendors can do.

Laura

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results