shape
carat
color
clarity

need help deciding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

palleg33

Rough_Rock
need help deciding on these two
radiant cut
1.14 carat 6.28x5.27x4.03
fcolor,vs1
58%table
76% depth
no fluoresnces
very thick girdle
good polish
good symmetry
gia cert
5200 dollars

vs

1.2 carat,radiant 6.26x5.25x4.00
e color, vs2
74% table
76.2% depth
slightly thick
good polish
very good symmetry
no fluorescensce
egl cert
5850 dollars

Which is the better buy, it is difficult for an untrained eye to make a decision but I wanted a 1.2 when I started my search, the jeweler is telling me the smaller diamond is a better buy, help me please
thanks
paul
loopy.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Or is it this post?

I am far from any valid expertise but I think the GIA cert is always more trust worthy than EGL-that's what the majority of the postings read. As far as anything else goes-I would hate to ill-advise you so wait for a qualified opinion.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Palleg33. I am just a consumer but have you looked at www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm This chart gives you grades for Radiant Cuts. It is from Oldminer's site, he contributes to this forum.

I hope one of the professionals or more versed consumers will come in further to help you.

Come on folks?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you were only choosing between these two, I'd go for the first one. Both have problems I'm a bit iffy with, such as the very thick girdle, but with the first one you're getting a cheaper stone with the same diameter, plus the extra assurance of a GIA cert. Neither one is ideal, though.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hey Richard. It's actually a demantoid, and in the exact shape I would someday want. A girl can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results