shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mieze

Rough_Rock
I´m looking for ~ .5cttw round diamond studs and after quite a bit of research here on pricescope and other sites I´m leaning towards going with dirtcheapdiamonds.

Now here are my questions:

- Which quality do you think they "need" to be sparkly and beautiful, they offer ready matched pairs of G-H/si1 or G-H/vs2plus

I´ve also looked at their inventory of uncertified loose stones and found the following that sound good to me (but I´m really new to this):

"pair" #1) .26/G/vs1/d:59.7/t:59/ex pol, vg symm/4.15x4.19x2.49/med.girdle
.26/G/vs1/58.1/60/ex,vg/4.18x4.21x2.44/med.girdle

#2) .29/G/vs1/60/59/ex,vg/4.30x4.36x2.60/med.girdle
.29/G/vs1/60.7/60/ex,vg/4.26x4.33x2.61/thin

#3) .27/F/si1/60.9/60/ex,vg/4.18x4.21x2.56/med.
.28/F/si1/59.9/59/ex,ex/4.23x4.28x2.55/med.

- Would these make good matching pairs (they would all total around $650plus$100 for the setting, which would be about the same as the highest quality ready matched pairs)? Which would you prefer or should I go with the ready matched earrings?
- Should it bother me that they don´t have certs at this size (my search only came up with one GIA stone in my size/quality range, the others all have no lab reports)?

Thanks in advance! :))
Katja

jcdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Katja,

It's quite common that diamonds under .30 cts do not have GIA certs.
Some stones around 1/3 ct typically come with what's called a Diamond Dossier- a smaller "pocket size" GIA certificate. The only difference is that the Dossier does not have a plotting diagram to point out where the inclusions are.

In my opinion, matched pairs are the way to go.
Simply take them to your local master gemologist to appraise them and they should be fine.
:wavey:

mieze

Rough_Rock
--- It´s quite common that diamonds under .30 cts don´t have GIA certs. ---

That´s what I had suspected, I just wanted to make sure .

I´m trying to keep the chance that I would want to send the earrings back after having them checked here fairly small, since I´m located in Germany, so I guess I have to rely on what the vendor is telling me. After what I´ve read about DCD here I feel pretty confident about what´s listed?

Any more opinions out there concerning the quality that I should prefer in their ready matched earrings (G-H/si1 or G-H/vs2plus)? The difference would be $120.
I put together the three "pairs" myself, do you think they would go together? How about the thin girdle in one of the .29 stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results