shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Axemma

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

This is my first post and have learned a lot from luking about in the shadows. I am on a fairly tight budget and am having a hard time deciding between two diamonds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really dont want to spen more than $4000 on the diamond. Also how important/reliable are the Brilliancescope results? My real concern with #2 is the I in color.

Report: GIA
Shape: Round Brilliant H&A
Carat: .72
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.1
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown %: 15.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43.0
Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.78-5.82 x 3.53
Price:$3780
Brilliancescope Results:
WL: Very High+
CL: Very High+
Scint: High+

Report: GIA
Shape: Round Brilliant H&A
Carat: .85
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.8
Table: 55.4
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 15.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43.0
Girdle: Medium-Sl. Thick Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.06-6.10 x 3.76 mm
Price:$3201
Brilliancescope Results:
WL: Very High
CL: Very High+
Scint: Very High

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hi Axemma,

Both stones look like great cuts, so they both should be blazers. #2 is obviously bigger, but you really need to get out and look at some well cut stones in different colors to see if you are comfotable with the I color. If you are, then by all means, go with #2. The thing about color is that everyone sees it differently. Some are more sensitive to it than others. There are plenty of people here with H and I stones who love them and think they face up nice and white. Then there are those who can spot color differences in side by side colors, which most people can''t do easily.

If you can''t find a local store with well cut stones to look at (the cut will make a difference in how the color looks), then you might want to have #2 or both shipped to a local appraiser so that you can see them side by side. Or, not as good, but it would work, buy #2 and evaluate it carefully within you return window, preferably with an appraiser, but at least in many different lights to make sure the color looks good to you.

Good luck!

Axemma

Rough_Rock
Thanks lop,
I have been pulling my hair out the last couple of weeks. I know I can see the color difference betwwen a G and J in an average cut stone, but have never seen it in an ideal stone. I think I may go forward with the purchase of the .85 stone as it comes from one of the contributors on this forum and has a generous return policy. thanks again for the input and any input from any other members would be welcome.

Axemma

Rough_Rock
After much hemming and hawing I decided on the .85ct stone with a Vatche X-Prong setting. A huge thanks to the staff at GOG who made this transaction and choice so much easier. Rhino has put together a beautiful site and his staff was nothing but helpful and patient. I hope to post pics of the completed ring in the coming weeks. Thanks again lop and GOG.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2004 3:52
6.gif
5 PM
Author: Axemma
After much hemming and hawing I decided on the .85ct stone with a Vatche X-Prong setting. A huge thanks to the staff at GOG who made this transaction and choice so much easier. Rhino has put together a beautiful site and his staff was nothing but helpful and patient. I hope to post pics of the completed ring in the coming weeks. Thanks again lop and GOG.
Axemma
i think you will be very happy with the quality of GOG stone.
10.gif

Axemma

Rough_Rock
You have that right DF. It feels like a huge weight is lifted. Now I am jumpy to get the ring.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Axemma! Congratulations on picking your stone! I am sure that your f2b will be thrilled with your choice! Post pics when you get your ring. I know how antsy one can become once the waiting game begins!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Axemma! I''m sure you will love your GOG stone. Post pictures when you get them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results