carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding - sell or fix, please

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I have a nice 2 ct. aqua in this exact setting:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/37380322/custom-listing-for-sonomacounty-balance

I have not worn it much, as the wide split shank makes an already large enough stone, look much larger. The problem is that the look is too large and "clunky" for me. It looks like a larger woman's ring and I'm about a medium size. (No offense meant to anyone.) I do think it it were a straight shank the look would be much smaller.

I do love the bezel part and the stone. I go to sell it (due to large look) and then decide not to as the stone & bezel are awesome. It is worth about $750.

I did some research on re-doing the shank to become a straight shank. (They cannot just narrow the split, with the argentium & bezel & how the framework is done.)

I do have a $200 gift certificate to a quality benchperson who quoted me "approx., somewhere under $300" to change to a straight shank. (So, this will cost me about $100 after the gift certificate. And this gift certificate is for somewhere where I just wouldn't go shopping for anything else right now. Primarily due to location - takes too long to drive there at this time in my busy life.)

So, to sell or keep?

I adore JKT's and this will be the only JKT that I have. I've tried to put up this ring for sale about 4 times so far and I just can't put that ad up. I rather like/love the stone/bezel part of this ring.

Since I'm going to a straight shank, any suggestions as to what type of straight shank - thinner, med, brushed finish or not, . . .

Thanks so much, knowledgeable & helpful friends.

sonoma

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
The issue lies in that if I sold, I'd have the money to put a similar stone into a smaller look setting.

Or, redo this as I really love the stone & bezel.

tx

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might take a loss of $$ if you sell it. Are you okay with that???

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, TL. I'm expecting the amount loss to be about the same to either adjust the setting or to sell and use the money for something else ($250 - $300).

What kind of shank would you suggest to get a pretty but smaller look out of this? Does brushed or polished metal contribute to a smaller look?

I know this is not the best thread/question(s). :???: But, you all have great thoughts and often come up with ideas & things I never would have thought of.

Thanks for bearing with it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm going to be of no help at all because i like the ring as it is and think if you wore it more often you'd come to realize it really is not too large for your medium frame.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1339810019|3217380 said:
i'm going to be of no help at all because i like the ring as it is and think if you wore it more often you'd come to realize it really is not too large for your medium frame.

I agree, can we get a hand shot of the ring on your finger?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post hand and finger shots of the ring - top down, profile and angled. Whether you sell or fix it, you'll end up losing about the same amout of money.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I agree, can we get a hand shot of the ring on your finger?

Great idea. I'll do that tomorrow (it's getting late right now).

Ah, Movie Z. - I've tried a little - I just don't like the look on the wide split in person, though.

Tx. so much !

Thanks Chrono :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Do you love the stone, and are you picky? If so, I would consider fixing the setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results