shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding on Tacori setting or Custom made!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

annalia

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I saw the below Tacori setting in person and I love it! My boyfriend wants me to make the decison to have this setting custom made by a jewler his family has worked with before or to get the real tacori setting. He already got a quote to have it custom made and he said its not that much of a difference in $$. My bf thinks that its best to have his jewler custom make it because the jewler told him he can make it more beatiful and with nicer diamonds/carrot weight. His jewler did say he can get the real tacori setting for him but advised him against it. I really love the detail in the Tacori rings and I am not sure if it can be duplicated from another jewler.

I would appreciate any advice on this!! Thank you so much!!

102430.jpg

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If you love the design you should certainly get the original Tacori. No one can exactly replicate Tacori, and even if they did, they would be acting highly unethically and illegally. If you are comfortable with a design that''s similar yet distinct, then custom could be a viable choice.

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
If you have your heart set on that Tacori ring, then you should get it. The replica won''t be the same. It might be just as beautiful, but it will be different, and that could be disappointing for you.

If you search on this forum, you will see most people are happy with the Tacori workmanship. A few have bad experiences, but I think that comes with the territory, as they make so many rings every year, so some small percentage are sure to have issues. I may be a little biased, as I just bought one and I love it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
There are a few PS-ers that have that setting and its beautiful!!!! I think you should get the original Tacori. You know you love it, and that's what really matters.

What happens if you go the custom route and its not exactly what you love? You will be so disappointed, and that's alot of $$$ to spend to not be 110% satisfied.

Good luck!!!!
1.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 3:15:22 PM
Author:annalia
Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I saw the below Tacori setting in person and I love it! My boyfriend wants me to make the decison to have this setting custom made by a jewler his family has worked with before or to get the real tacori setting. He already got a quote to have it custom made and he said its not that much of a difference in $$. My bf thinks that its best to have his jewler custom make it because the jewler told him he can make it more beatiful and with nicer diamonds/carrot weight. His jewler did say he can get the real tacori setting for him but advised him against it. I really love the detail in the Tacori rings and I am not sure if it can be duplicated from another jewler.

I would appreciate any advice on this!! Thank you so much!!

I would get the original Tacori, especially considering what I''ve highlighted above.

annalia

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your replies. Yes that is what I was thinking that its hard for a jewler to make it look exactly the same as the Tacori. You are all right, if I love it I should just go with the original Tacori. The jewler he is going with is a wholesale jewler so I do not think he is an authorized Tacori dealer. Do you all think this could create a problem?

ajourklaus

Rough_Rock
Annalia,

knocking of a design is an unethical thing to do.

Having said that the particular ring you are showing is not a one of a kind design. Rings like this are made in one shape or an other by a many different companies. Because it is a beautiful idea. Nothing was invented here.

Now looking at the picture you posted, I do understand that your boyfriends jeweler is confident that he can make a prettier ring.

The ring on picture is a mass produced poorly executed and finished ring. Look at all the bumps in the mile grain, the setting job, nothing to be proud of, there is no clean flowing line in the whole piece.

The general movement of the ring could be done much more elegantly and refined.

If your boyfriends jeweler has a qualified crew on the bench this is definitely the way to go. Don''t tell them to knock it of, tell them to take the concept and make it gorgeous.

Good luck.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/31/2009 4:36:52 PM
Author: ajourklaus
Annalia,

knocking of a design is an unethical thing to do.

Having said that the particular ring you are showing is not a one of a kind design. Rings like this are made in one shape or an other by a many different companies. Because it is a beautiful idea. Nothing was invented here.

Now looking at the picture you posted, I do understand that your boyfriends jeweler is confident that he can make a prettier ring.

The ring on picture is a mass produced poorly executed and finished ring. Look at all the bumps in the mile grain, the setting job, nothing to be proud of, there is no clean flowing line in the whole piece.

The general movement of the ring could be done much more elegantly and refined.

If your boyfriends jeweler has a qualified crew on the bench this is definitely the way to go. Don't tell them to knock it of, tell them to take the concept and make it gorgeous.

Good luck.

This could be very good advice too.

You could certainly do much better with a hand made piece from a professional team. Then again it really depends on the team, and there are few who are skilled enough to do such work.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
It's my understanding that a true wholesaler cannot sell to the public, because doing so would make them a retailer. I'd be leery buying from someone who wasn't an authorized Tacori dealer as I'm not sure what that would do to their product warranties etc.

I don't know what the profile of that ring is like, but it looks like Whiteflash has a very similar design. Here's the link if you'd like to have a look.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Diamond-Braid-Engagement-Ring_1349.htm

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
definitely get the Tacori
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen that tacori setting in person and it''s gorgeous. get the real deal!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get the Tacori. . . you won''t be sorry!

ejv207

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a Tacori ring and am a very satisfied customer. (A 2565, you are looking at a 2627) If you go custom, you should get a lot more for your money, either by getting a lot more pave or having money left over for a larger center stone. The Whiteflash version looks great! If you go Tacori, make sure to purchase from an authorized dealer, so if anything happens with the craftsmanship, Tacori will honor the lifetime warranty.
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would probably get the original tacori mounting. You know exactly what you are going to get and if something goes wrong tacori will re-make it...but if something goes wrong with the jeweler''s custom mounting you could be in for a head-ache and you really don''t know what it is going to look like.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I would absolutely get the Tacori. Especially when there''s not that much $$ difference.

Hypothetical story:
If the jeweller doesn''t replicate the ring exactly (which is very likely), you`ll always wonder why you didn''t go with the original, when that`s the setting you fell in love with. Down the road it`ll bug you so much until you give in, and get yourself the original as well => moral of story is, it is cheaper and more hassle-free to go with the original Tacori right from the beginning and avoid regrets
2.gif
. You know exactly what you`re getting.

annalia

Rough_Rock
Ok I made a decision. I went with my boyfriend last night to see that Tacori setting again. It was my 2nd time seeing it and his first. I loved the design however i really noticed how small the pave diamonds were. I was sort of thinking this doesnt look like its worth $5300. After seeing it again, I told him to make it custom but of course try and add his personal touch to it. I won''t see it until he proposes now!! He wants it to be a surprise. Thanks everyone for your help! I am a little nervouse because like everyone said you know what your getting if I went with the Tacori. The big reason that changed my is that I imagined the quality better in my head than it was in person. I hope I made the right decison! What do you all think?

Aida1010

Shiny_Rock
i think you made the right decision! i also think tacori is very beautiful, but any time i''ve ever seen the real deal in person, i thought it looked a little chintzy and not the most amazing quality. that''s jut my opinion.

i personally love ritani''s micropave rings, but think the diamonds are really tiny and overpriced for just the ritani name. i am in the process of getting a custom made setting that has that dainty look of ritani, but i think will be even more beautiful and of better quality.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think you made the right decision. The Tacori setting is very beautiful, but $5300 does seem a little steep.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results