shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Deciding on Diamonds from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigTen

Rough_Rock
Ok guys.... I need your advice. I am having Whiteflash make a 5 stone ring. My setting will be in 14K white gold.

Should I go with certified .30ct.

Two will be ACA H&A with:
Color - I
Clarity - VS2

and

Three will be Round Ideal Cut with:
(1) Color - H and Clarity VS2
(2) Color - I and Clarity VS1
(3) Color - I and Clarity SI 1

or should I go with (5) .25 ct (not certified)

Color - F
Clarity - VS

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thanks!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be concerned with certification for stones that size if I were buying from WF; I''d really only be concerned with appearance and how well matched they are. Personally, I''d just let WF tell me which set looked better and go with that. If both were equal in appearance I''d just go with the cheaper.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 5:54:14 PM
Author: Hest88
I wouldn''t be concerned with certification for stones that size if I were buying from WF; I''d really only be concerned with appearance and how well matched they are. Personally, I''d just let WF tell me which set looked better and go with that. If both were equal in appearance I''d just go with the cheaper.
Fully agree with Hest here.

BigTen

Rough_Rock
As far as size goes, is there a difference between .25 and .30 ct. ?

I currently have a 5 stone with .20 ct each stone. I want to upgrade in quality and size and just want to make sure that I am heading in the right direction. I''m really excited to be upgrading and want to do it right this time. My wedding band has been my current 5 stone ring. I had no engagement ring...at the time we didn''t have very much money. Thanks for any advice!!

BigTen

Rough_Rock
Also, the price difference between the non-certed .25 and the certified .33 is $375. I''m willing to go over budget by $100(my budget is $3500, if I go with cert. diamonds it will be $3600) if the certified diamonds will be visually a little bigger and just as blingier. LOL Thanks!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Are you going to wear an engagement ring with this band? If not, I like the idea of five .30 pointers for your ring. It will be beautiful. As others have said, ask WF to match the stones for you. Just tell them the look you are going for. It will be blingy
30.gif

BigTen

Rough_Rock
No, I will not be wearing an engagement ring with this ring. It will be a stand alone ring. So, I am definitely going for the bling look. I am really leaning towards the .30. Ahhh...decisions, decisions! Thanks for your input.

WF is getting the pictures together for me to view the matching stones. Hopefully, I will have those tomorrow!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with 5 ACA''s and call it a day.
1.gif

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
You will be very pleased with your ACAs from WhiteFlash..........*S*
9.gif

You cant wrong with an ACA!!!!! or in your case.....ACAs!!!!!
26.gif

MWG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the matching .30''s...can''t wait to see pix!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:33:23 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d go with 5 ACA''s and call it a day.
1.gif
ITA
2.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
That will be beautiful! Thanks for sharing...looking forward to seeing pictures!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 7:24:23 PM
Author: BigTen
As far as size goes, is there a difference between .25 and .30 ct. ?

I currently have a 5 stone with .20 ct each stone. I want to upgrade in quality and size and just want to make sure that I am heading in the right direction. I''m really excited to be upgrading and want to do it right this time. My wedding band has been my current 5 stone ring. I had no engagement ring...at the time we didn''t have very much money. Thanks for any advice!!
This chart might be helpful
1.gif

diamondsizes.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 9:44:24 AM
Author: BigTen
Thanks everyone!! I'm going with the ACAs. That's what I wanted to do....I just wasn't sure if they were the way to go. I am actually using kcoursolle's design.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-5-stone-u-shaped-amazing-wedding-band.54795/

I just fell in love with it!! I am sooooo excited!!

Thanks again!!
Aw, I'm so flattered!!! It's going to be a gorgeous ring either way you decide!

I think a lot boils down to preference. Do you want a super blingy look or a more delicate look? There is definitely a noticeable difference in the two sizes from my experience trying on bands. The .30's will provide really nice finger coverage and the entire piece will look more *substantial* if that's what you are going for but on the other hand the .25's are still really big. Both will be really beautiful!!!

Do you plan on upgrading the stones in this ring ever? If you think you might someday want to upgrade or change your mind, then I'd get certed stones. If not, then save the money and get higher color/clarity stones that are uncerted.

I wouldn't worry too much about the color of H/I stones because mine are still very white. Some of the pictures in my thread look a little yellow because I have yellow walls everywhere in my house, but these stones in person are very white. You can see a touch of tint on the side on a piece of white paper, but other than that they look very clear. I've tried really hand and I cannot tell the difference from the side or face up between the H and the I stones. On the other hand, it would be great to have super icey white stones as well. Tough call.

Either way you are going to be fine. The ring is going to be stunning, I really hope you come back with pics!!!

BigTen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments everyone! I am finalizing my order tomorrow. Unfortunately, once the ring is shipped and I receive it and check it out, my husband is going to make me give it to him for a few weeks until our 10th anniversary. Ahhh...the wait will be long. LOL

Thanks kcoursolle for replying. I tried getting in touch with you via PM on this board but I guess I didn''t know what I was doing. lol. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that when I came across your ring in my searching....I kept going back to your design. So, thank you and I can''t wait to get my beauty!!
1.gif

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
so pretty!

jeannie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results