shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding between these two stones!

dochang

Rough_Rock
Wife is very confused as to which stone to go. We have both in hand and need to return one right away but have a hard time deciding and knowing which is the better stone.

When comparing them in normal recessed lighting, stone 2 is slightly more white and has less shadows (more white areas vs dark areas) than stone 1. They both shine brilliantly. Under spotlighting, stone 1 shimmers with smaller sparkles while stone 2 seems to have larger reflectors and larger sparkles and reflections back. The factors between the two are slight but noticeable. Jeweler told us its personal preference at this point. So I would appreciate some more insight or feedback if anyone has it. We are on the fence and need some guidance as we need to return one very very soon!

Stone 1 stats:
Depth 62.2 %
Table 54 %
Crown Angle 35.0°
Crown Height 16.0%
Pavilion Angle 41.0°
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Star Length 55%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Thin to Medium, Faceted, 3.0%
Culet None
Fluorescence None

Stone 2 Stats:
Depth 61.5 %
Table 58 %
Crown Angle 34.0°
Crown Height 14.5%
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%

_25090.jpg

11525-stone1.png

-stone2.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
prefer #2

dochang

Rough_Rock
thanks gypsy. what are you factors for your preference on #2?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for #2

dochang

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback about stone#2. It's beautiful, eye clean but the inlcusion is a black dot with a needle poking out of it. I wanted to ask if it's a concern based on the type of inclusion of this stone. I've read that black dots affect the stone quite negatively. I'm wondering if this VS1 inclusion is the type I should stay away from or its negligible based on its specs. If so, should we consider stone #1. Cost is 8% difference between the two, with stone#2 being the lesser. Please help anybody as we need to make a decision within a day. Thanks in advance.

inclusion2a.jpg

inlcusion3.jpg

stone1a-inclusion.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Stone 2 has slightly more symmetry especially to its arrows and shows more brightness in the IS image.
You will not see the inclusion unless you loupe your stone (and It's nice to have a specific birthmark that lets you know the stone is yours).
Here is how big your stone will be:
Do you honestly think you will be able to see the inclusion?

_528.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results