shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding between these two stones being "eye clean"

crnamedic

Rough_Rock
I think I've narrowed my search down quite a bit and found these two stones. One is a 1 carat G, VS2 and the other is a 1 carat F, VS2. The F, VS2 is actually slightly cheaper than the G, VS2 so which do you feel will have a better chance of being eye clean? Pics and reports are attached. Thank you.

1 carat G VS2.png 1 carat F VS2.png

G, VS2 on the top...F, VS2 on the bottom
1 carat G VS2.jpeg 1 carat F VS2.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the numbers, I prefer the G but it does have some slight leakage under the table. You really need an idealscope image of each stone
to show you the leakage at this point.

crnamedic

Rough_Rock
From the numbers, I prefer the G but it does have some slight leakage under the table. You really need an idealscope image of each stone

Even without the idealscope image and based on what you can see here, do you expect it to have really nice fire, brilliance, and scintillation? I don't need a perfect diamond...just one that looks good on my girlfriend's 4.5 size finger. Thanks for your help.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I come from the camp of « mind clean ». For me it would be G.
I don’t like the little black specs congregated near the table on the F, also I like the symmetry of the center on the G.
In person the story may be different, and, numbers aside....just from the photos, G for me.
My 2 cents.

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Good luck!

Can you take it out in the sunshine? The numbers are one thing but the look of the ring and sparkle is another (just a customer no expert here).

crnamedic

Rough_Rock

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash has the better trade up policy, precision cutting and while I like the G better of the first two I don’t like cloud as the first inclusion and the note of additional clouds on both. The Whiteflash stone has no clouds, WAY better cut and it will be a sparkle bomb.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

Always learning. Can you please point out what indicates light leakage from the photo of the g? Thank you @tyty333 !

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both will be eye clean. But based on the images, I prefer the one on top (not sure which one is which).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always learning. Can you please point out what indicates light leakage from the photo of the g? Thank you @tyty333 !

The blue facets under the table.

Reactions: Mlh

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they are in the same ballpark, I would go with the ACA. Ideal cut, AGS000, H&A stone plus a really nice upgrade policy for down the road.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they are in the same ballpark, I would go with the ACA. Ideal cut, AGS000, H&A stone plus a really nice upgrade policy for down the road.

Agreed

crnamedic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the advice thus far. The G, VS2 is $6840 and the ACA H, VS2 is $7223 ($7007 wire). I'm not a huge fan of wiring money with everything going on today so is the small premium for the Whiteflash really worth it? Also, how will these two stones appraise given their specs and one being GIA and the other AGS certified. Thanks again.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all of the advice thus far. The G, VS2 is $6840 and the ACA H, VS2 is $7223 ($7007 wire). I'm not a huge fan of wiring money with everything going on today so is the small premium for the Whiteflash really worth it? Also, how will these two stones appraise given their specs and one being GIA and the other AGS certified. Thanks again.

WF is very trustworthy so I would wire the money if you can. Meaning the difference is less than $200 to get a super ideal cut with a lifetime upgrade policy. To me it's completely worth it. Appraisal shouldnt be affected by AGS vs GIA. I would use your receipt and make sure insurance knows it's a branded stone (if going with WF). That way they know they cant replace with a random H AGS000.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
The G and H color diamonds have 75% lower girdle while the F color has 80%, this will affect their arrow patterns. You may have a preference here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results