shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing

renvas

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone i need some advice choosing between the two below. One of them is 0.56c the other 0.42c price difference is about $1100. I am conflicted between how noticeable the size difference is between the two. I am currently favoring the 0.56 because the numbers appear to be a bit better than the latter. If i can get some input that would be very helpful. I have attached the GCAL micro-graph photos for diamond visuals.

0.42 Carat
Cut: Bluenile Signature Ideal cut Round
Color Grade: I
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Clarity Characteristics: Pinpoint
Table: 57
Depth: 61.0
Crown Angle: 34.0
Pavillion Angle: 41.0
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
$1412
-----
0.56 Carat
Cut: Bluenile Signature Ideal cut Round
Color Grade: I
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Clarity Characteristics: Pinpoint
Table: 57
Depth: 60.9
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
Girdle: Medium Faceted
$2572

Attachments

• _127.pdf
    366.3 KB · Views: 56
  • _128.pdf
    366.8 KB · Views: 54

renvas

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Thanks for your informative suggestions. I'll definitely look around whiteflash or Brian Gavin. I have heard a lot of good things from them. I had intended to buy from Bluenile just because I am from Canada and they process orders in Canadian currency so I don't get hit with duties.

Of the bluenile diamonds I have posted above especially for the 0.56, I would like to know why it would not be ideal. From the pictures the symmetry looks the best of most I have seen in that price range. Also the measurements are also with in the TIC range. Also score of diamond reject tool HCA, it appeared to be an ideal choice as well. As someone mentioned above there would be light leakage under the table, can somebody share explain why?

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
As far as I know, there is no duty on diamonds and loose stones. Paying in Canadian funds has nothing to do with duty. You'll pay more in Canada for a stone, due to the weak dollar, in any case.
If you have a ring made in the USA, there won't be any duty payable, because of NAFTA. You'll have to pay GST and PST when you import, but you'd pay that anyway.
One expense that some people don't expected is a fee (quite high ?) to Fedex of UPS for acting as customs broker. The bill for that often arrives months after delivery, so it may be a shocker to some.
Apparently, Canada Post fees for acting as custom broker are minimal compared to Fedex and UPS. So if the US supplier can ship by registered US post, that may be an option to save some money.
Of course, if you don't like the diamond and want to return it to the US, that becomes more complicated in terms of paperwork. There are forms to be filled out to get a refund on GST and PST in that case.
Hope this helps. Good luck with your search.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think the 0.56 stone is a decent choice if you really want to go with Blue Nile, but there are definitely better choices. I just bought a G/SI1 from Blue Nile that is 100% eye clean and a beautiful cut. Depth 62.1, Table 55, Crown 34.5, Pavilion 40.8. I paid 2669 total (I traded in another stone, but that was the total spent between the two stones). Whiteflash has some beautiful stones that are within your 2500 budget (or close to it). At the size you are looking at, it is likely that an SI1 would be eye-clean, so unless high clarity is culturally important, I'd consider a slightly lower clarity.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. There is no duty under NAFTA. You just have to work with a reputable vendor who knows how to ship internationally with required documents. Jame Allen is impecable regarding this. Cant say about others.
2. Fedex international shipping often includes brokage service. No additional fee is applied. This is to be confirmed with the vendor and fedex. At least, I never paid shopping from JA.
3. USPS/Canada Post may not be an option because insurance may not be available. This is according a US vendor when I asked him to ship to Canada using USPS. You may want to double check.
4. Light performance.
The first is a stone i randomly picked, which i believe has less leakage. The second and third are stones you listed. See the difference. Not all BN signatures are equal. gcal-1_0.png

renvas

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, i have been looking around on White Flash and Brian Gavin and found two choices. In reference to another thread i saw on price scope mentioning "What is the definition of a Pricescope super-ideal cut diamond?"

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-the-definition-of-a-pricescope-super-ideal-cut-diamond.20355/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-the-definition-of-a-pricescope-super-ideal-cut-diamond.20355/[/URL]

Below are my choices. All are within the range mentioned in the ideal cut diamond thread, with thin- medium girdle. Are these a good choice? In reference to the suggestions everyone mentioned above, i have cross checked the ideal scope, and aset images, and i "think" they look ok... If everyone can please advise me. Many thanks.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3379173.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3379175.htm
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.538-i-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104080725028
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.44-carat-i-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-911521

renvas

Rough_Rock
Any advice for the above post?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
All of them are nice stones. You can't go wrong with a BG or WF signature branded cut. But you are kind of all over the place in terms of color and size. What's your priority - color or size? Earlier your options included a stone that was 2500 but all of these are less than 1500. What's your actual budget?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all beautiful.
MY choice would be JA or BG, because JA offers value and I like BG Signature Blue.
WF offers the most flexible upgrade policy. But JA is not bad either, considering $1200 price tag. Theoratically and realistically, you can upgrade at least three times to 2.4k, 4.8k, and to 9.6k.

Again, they are all great.

renvas

Rough_Rock
wildcat03|1459259967|4012523 said:
All of them are nice stones. You can't go wrong with a BG or WF signature branded cut. But you are kind of all over the place in terms of color and size. What's your priority - color or size? Earlier your options included a stone that was 2500 but all of these are less than 1500. What's your actual budget?

Realistically my budget for the diamond is no more than $1600 usd. I am trying for quality over quantity carat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results