shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing LGD

Butter-Scotch

Rough_Rock
Hello folks..

I am looking to get a RB lab diamond roughly around 1.5ct. As for my budget.. I would like to keep it around 1000 USD. Preferred color would be E, F or G. My current stone is GIA graded I color.. so I am guessing G or above would still be whiter. I like Ritani as their prices are the most competitive. Unfortunately I have already exhausted my 2 returns with them for this year; so this will be my final purchase with them. That's why I have to make sure that it's the best stone which checks all the boxes and has lot of fire. I am open to other venders as well who have competitive prices and maybe decent return policy.

I believe I have basic understanding of diamond proportions, complimentary angles etc. but have no clue how to look for twisted pavilion, painting and digging or even blue or gray nuance. I am counting on all the wonderful experts here to help me choose a beautiful sparkling stone. Thank you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butter-Scotch

Rough_Rock
Here are two options for you to take a look at. I suggest putting one or both on hold if you like them and are still thinking about them.

I appreciate your quick response Kim. I like the first one. It seems to have bit more chunkier arrows compared to the second one? Also if you can please suggest a few stones around 1.5ct or even smaller till 1.4ct. This is going to be my everyday ring and I would like to keep it below 7.5mm spread. Thanks.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate your quick response Kim. I like the first one. It seems to have bit more chunkier arrows compared to the second one? Also if you can please suggest a few stones around 1.5ct or even smaller till 1.4ct. This is going to be my everyday ring and I would like to keep it below 7.5mm spread. Thanks.

Here you go!

Butter-Scotch

Rough_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kim.. I like 1.40 and 1.50. Have asked to put them on hold.

Meanwhile I was also looking myself and found a couple of potential stones. I would appreciate if someone can tell me how they compare with ones suggested above.

Stone 1: https://diamond-assets.ritani.com/IGI-LG572344368/certificate.pdf

https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG572344368

Stone 2: https://diamond-assets.ritani.com/IGI-LG574365497/certificate.pdf

https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG574365497

The 1.53 may have subtle blue nuance, and the 1.51 has some pavilion twist.

Butter-Scotch

Rough_Rock
The 1.53 may have subtle blue nuance, and the 1.51 has some pavilion twist.

I see.. it's so hard to pick a diamond online when you don't understand all these small nuances. Thankfully this forum has such helping and knowledgeable people.
I am tilting towards 1.5ct you suggested. As this is going to be my final purchase with Ritani.. I will wait to see anyone else has any suggestions or inputs.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butter-Scotch

Rough_Rock
I don't love the cut on the 1.42. The 1.40 may have borderline blue nuance.

Alright.. just for my understanding; when you say you don't love the cut on 1.42. Is it a steep-deep cut?

Also is GIA graded stone overall a better choice than IGI graded stone?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright.. just for my understanding; when you say you don't love the cut on 1.42. Is it a steep-deep cut?

Also is GIA graded stone overall a better choice than IGI graded stone?

It has some pavilion twist--generally a lower crown angle is better for that pavilion angle.

GIA is possibly stricter on color and clarity, but many GIA reports don't provide info on the growth method. They do trade at a premium over IGI.

Butter-Scotch

Rough_Rock
I love this one as long as it's clean enough for you.

Good to know that you love it too.. only thing is it's hard for me to tell from the video if it's eye clean. Hope you and other experts here can weigh in on that. I am going to try reaching out to Ritani to ask about it but don't really have any hopes from them. Till now they haven't followed through on any of my requests.. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results