shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Choosing & Finding Wedding Bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

villain189

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I bought this engagement ring with a 1.04 Carat H&A for my fiance with the help of pricescope last summer.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-4-Prong-Tiffany-Style_608.htm#

We''re just starting to look for wedding bands and just wanted to get some guidance to help us in our search. We definitely want platinum rings. Possibly some small diamonds on here ring, none on my ring.

Questions.

1) Are there any specific styles of wedding bands that would go with her engagement ring?

2) What are some good sites for platinum wedding bands?

Checked the vendors on Pricescope but most looked on the expensive side and also didn''t have too much selection...but maybe I missed one or two.

This site looks pretty good: http://e-weddingbands.com/

Any advice and sites to look at would be greatly appreciated..thanks!!
35.gif

jason

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Jason, any band would compliment her solitaire setting.
What is your budget for her band?

HollyGo-Lightly

Rough_Rock
I say look at Signed Pieces (www.signedpieces.com), as they have lovely bands, even some brand name pieces....

Plus, they are pretty inexpensive!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyGo-Lightly is right on the money if you are considering a diamond band to go with her ering. Many different styles, channel set, shared prong etc. From what I''ve read on PS it''s the way to go. Great cut, color and clarity. Good luck, let us know what you decide. And post pictures please!!
1.gif

villain189

Rough_Rock
Hey,

Thanks for the help guys...to answer the questions.

Ideal Rock: "Jason, any band would compliment her solitaire setting.
What is your budget for her band?"

I would say our budget for both of our rings combined is approximately $1000-$1500, with more spent on her ring. Mine will be a fairly basic platinum band...so probably about $600-$1000 for her wedding ring?

kaleigh: "HollyGo-Lightly is right on the money if you are considering a diamond band to go with her ering. "

What''s an ering?

Also, do you recommend the "Signed Pieces" or the "Facets Collection" at this site? (http://www.signedpieces.com/) And what''s the difference?

Thanks for the help...I''ll post back here for some feedback once we start seriously narrowing down which rings we''re looking at and of course post photos when we get them!

Thanks!
jason

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
ering=engagement ring

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d look at the facets collection.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Jason, how about this one? It''s from the Facets collection at www.signedpieces.com. It is, however a bit out of your budget (about $1500 for this ring). But at least you''ll have some ideas.

2775.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jason,
From the facets collection, www.signedpieces.com I saw a shared prong .53tw diamond eternity band for $785.00. It''s f-g color, and vvvs-vs clarity. Hope this helps!!
1.gif

villain189

Rough_Rock
Thanks OneDrop...actually, I took a quick look around the signpieces.com site and like the style you posted very much. I like the round cut diamonds in the band. I think having rounds in the band would go very nicely with the round solitaire engagement ring.

I found this one for $975, but for some reason it only comes in size 6...I need a 5 3/4
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=1359

I think we would be fine with the diamonds only going a 1/2 - 2/3 of the way around the ring. It would be fine if they did, but they don''t need to go all the way around the ring.

Let me know if anyone finds any wedding bands similar to the style I posted above, or the one OneDrop posted in the $1000 price range...platinum of course.

I think for me a very basic ring is fine, so my ring shouldn''t cost much more than $300-$500...so we could probably spend around $1000 on her ring.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one from bluenile: $975

I''ll check out the ones you just listed as well.

AB36500100_cat.jpg

villain189

Rough_Rock

Thanks Kaleigh...I''ll check with her on which style she likes best. Looks like the two options would be "Channel-Set" rounds or the "Shared Prong" rounds. I would think we would probably lean towards the channel set rounds.

Here''s an eterinity band from the Facets Collection for $1015, which is in our price range...what do you guys think of this one?

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1492

Also, what are "Eternity Bands"...is this just a fancy name for wedding bands with diamonds all the way around them?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Just a question re: the two you posted. Does your FI want a thinner band? The first one is 4.5mm at its peak. I think the other is 3.5mm. That is fairly wide. My $/02 I think with the e-ring you have, a thinner wedding band may look better.

Edited to add: I love that last one you posted from the Facets collection!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Also, what are "Eternity Bands"...is this just a fancy name for wedding bands with diamonds all the way around them?

Yes Jason, you are correct on that one!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jason,
The last one you posted is beautiful. I think it''s just a personal choice really. Some peolple really like channel set, and some really like shared prong. Both are great choices. let us know what you decide!!

villain189

Rough_Rock

Hey onedrop....I think we''d definitely prefer a thinner band since the engagement ring is 2.70mm wide. Also, her hands are very petite so a thinner band is definitely better.

Sounds like everyone likes the last one, $1015, I posted from www.signedpieces.com. That one does look great...I think the only concern we may have with a band that has diamonds all the way around is that if we want to get a small engraving on the back of the band, that may be a problem?

Anyone have any ideas on that? Would it be a problem to get an engraving on an "eternity band"? From the photos it doesn''t appear there is any room on the band for an engraving. I''m not 100% certain we are going to have a small note engraved but it''s something we may think about.

Any opinions on engraving getting a small engraving on the back of your wedding band? Is this common nowadays for wedding bands?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
So if you like the thinner ring, I''d definitely go with the last one you posted. It''s beautiful and should sit really nicely with her solitaire e-ring.

I think that most band come either eternity or half-eternity. So if you wanted engraving on the back of the band on the outside, you''d have to go with the half-eternity. The half-eternity might also be better for re-sizing in the future.

As for the popularity of engraving on the back of the ring, I am not sure. I know that people often engrave an inscription inside of the ring.

Can''t wait to see your final choice! Keep us updated.

villain189

Rough_Rock
Thanks OneDrop...I emailed signedpieces to see if they could get that piece in a half-eternity. That would be awesome if we could get that piece in a half-eternity...probably would knock a couple hundred off the price too.
28.gif

Will let you know what I hear...we''re probably 6-12 months away from buying since the wedding isn''t until 7/06, but I''ll definitely keep you guys posted on what we''re thinking of and post back with pics!

THANKS!!!

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results