shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing between two stones

djamish

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've put a deposit on both of these cushion cut stones and wanted to get your opinion on them and see which one the community likes better. Both looked great in person so now it's just figuring out which is the best.

The First one is a 1.51 E VS1.
GIA 3175815313

The Second one is a 1.52 G VS1
GIA 6201658336

Here are the pictures of the diamonds!

gia_6201658336-aset_white-03.jpg

gia_6201658336-officelight_black-03.jpg

gia_3175815313-aset_white-01.jpg

gia_3175815313-officelight_black-02.jpg

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
I prefer no. 1.

djamish

Rough_Rock
Thanks RockBrat!

Any reason you like the first one over the second?

djamish

Rough_Rock
Any help from any other experts!? I wanted to finalize my order today so any and all help is much appreciated!

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
I chose number 1 because I like the stats and shape better. I'm not a cushion expert but that one appeared more visually appealing. Hopefully someone else will chime in for you.

djamish

Rough_Rock
I hope so too!

Thanks for your opinion. I was leaning towards that one as well. The jeweler picked the second one though so I wanted to ask the community and see which one is best. They both look beautiful in person.

Kim123

Rough_Rock
Both stones are nice and with good quality (even though I didnt open the certs to see cut grade etc) and they are with reputable certificate. I recommend you to choose the one your heart is telling you. I personally would like nr 2 because I like more rectangular shape for this cut. But it is just me. And also probably nobody will see the difference in color once it's set. Both E and G colors are beautifully white. So you could save bit money from choosing G.

djamish

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help! The E looked beautiful in person and my girlfriend wants a square diamond which this one has a ratio of 1.02, but the G is a 1.07 and not much more different.

Kim123

Rough_Rock
In that case I think you have the answer ;-) good luck!

djamish

Rough_Rock
Thanks!!

Hoping for a blessing from Gypsy or diamondseeker!

djamish

Rough_Rock
just wanted to bump the thread

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are in the A- range for the ASETs. You didn't post the dimensions. With cushions, those can fluctuate dramatically, so it's an important thing to know.

I personally would buy one of these:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Cushion/GIA-Certified-1-5-Carat-E-Color-VS1-Clarity-Diamond-HBPXZK
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Cushion/GIA-Certified-1-5-Carat-E-Color-VS2-Clarity-Diamond-UDTF7C

Of the ones you chose, I too prefer the 1st one, since it has the square outline she wants and is basically tied with the other for performance. Please post dimensions.

djamish

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1461809597|4024434 said:
Both are in the A- range for the ASETs. You didn't post the dimensions. With cushions, those can fluctuate dramatically, so it's an important thing to know.

I personally would buy one of these:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Cushion/GIA-Certified-1-5-Carat-E-Color-VS1-Clarity-Diamond-HBPXZK
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Cushion/GIA-Certified-1-5-Carat-E-Color-VS2-Clarity-Diamond-UDTF7C

Of the ones you chose, I too prefer the 1st one, since it has the square outline she wants and is basically tied with the other for performance. Please post dimensions.

thanks for the information. i may ask for my deposit back if you think those are better. will likely have david klass design the setting so they are absolutely an option.

Here is the information from the GIA report for the first one

Depth 68.7 %
Table 63 %
Girdle Medium to Very Thick, Faceted

Measurements
6.53 x 6.39 x 4.39 mm

Carat Weight
1.51 carat

Color Grade
E

Clarity Grade
VS1

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, they are both bigger and perform better.

:) Put the one you want on hold. Now. We have lurkers.

:)

Let us know if you need help with the setting. :wavey: We are good with custom setting design.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results