shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing between diamonds

If I were forced to choose between them, I'd choose A. However, see above because I'd rather choose neither and explore other options.

Why are you limiting yourself to those two diamonds? With your budget, you don’t have to choose ‘good enough’.

Hello there, prospective engagement ring buyer here. Trying to choose between 2 diamonds both are considered excellent cut by gia, but not ags ideal cut.

Both are pavilion angle 40.6, high color/clarity.

Diamond A: crown 34.0, depth 61.3

Diamond B: crown 35.5, depth 61.5

I've read that for pavilion of 40.6, the ideal crown is around 34.5-35.0. However, which is better between a little deeper at 35.5, or a little shallower at 34.0?

I've seen mention of "ring of death" with crown angles > 35.5, would that affect Diamond B?

Diamond A seems to fit within ideal ranges for round diamonds, however both the pavilion angle and crown angles are on the smaller/shallower end, what drawbacks are there for a diamond cut on the shallower side?

Appreciate all input and knowledge, thanks!

Hey, you should check out this new site, www.yourdiamondguys.com. It’s got this cool AI that scans for inclusions and weeds out the bad ones, so you only see the best diamonds with nice imperfections. Plus, there’s tons of info on there to help you out.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP